Borla stinger on a 17 Si?

ty04orange

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2017 Accord EX-L, 1984 Toyota Pickup
Had a Mustang that I bought a $1200 Borla Stinger catback for. Before I sold the car, I cut the Borla mufflers off and replaced with Flow Masters. What do you think my Si would sound like if I just replaced the mufflers with these?
Sponsored

Rockstar08

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI and 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4
Country flag
I bet it would sound like crap personally but you never know. I would call Borla and get their thoughts on the flow rates and sound first but who knows if this will even fit to begin with. You may have to just have it installed if Borla doesn't give you an answer and see what it sounds like also but not sure how much work that will be also to install. Good Luck either way!

Mogadee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Mazdaspeed 3, '17 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
Had a Mustang that I bought a $1200 Borla Stinger catback for. Before I sold the car, I cut the Borla mufflers off and replaced with Flow Masters. What do you think my Si would sound like if I just replaced the mufflers with these?
Or you could wait for the Borla and/or Magnaflow exhaust to be released. Magnaflow already has one and there is a video of it on the forums (not yet released for purchase). Borla is close to follow as they are pretty much done with the hatch variant.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Borla puts a lot of work into the design of an exhaust, the chances of mufflers that Borla picked out for a Mustang sounding good on any Civic is pretty slim.

OP
OP

ty04orange

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2017 Accord EX-L, 1984 Toyota Pickup
Borla puts a lot of work into the design of an exhaust, the chances of mufflers that Borla picked out for a Mustang sounding good on any Civic is pretty slim.
Yeah, that makes sense. Makes me kinda sad because they sounded amazing on the Mustang. I couldn’t drive that car anywhere without everyone telling me how amazing it sounded.

Rockstar08

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI and 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4
Country flag
Just sell it to someone on the Mustang forums and buy a Borla when it comes out for the Civic. FYI, I actually heard the Borla prototype already on the Civic at our SoCal meet last month and it's the best sounding one I have heard so far so I would wait to hear it if I were you!

Doc_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Not only the sound but flow rates. Yes... IT IS possible to have too big of an exhaust. When gasses hit a big opening they slow down. So, mufflers designed to flow for a V8 probably won't have the correct flow characteristics for a tiny, by comparison, engine.

Link to a good video explaining it all

Sponsored