First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I’ve been waiting to upgrade the exhaust on my Si coupe because I really want a Borla exhaust. It can be hard to make a 4 cylinder sound nice without making it obnoxious, but on my old Miata it sounded amazing. Any idea when/if Borla will be coming out with an exhaust for the Si coupe (catback/axle back, I don’t care) or any news? As far as I can tell they haven’t brought the car in yet but that was back in February that they confirmed they’ll be making an exhaust for it, just wondering if there has been any updates.
Sponsored

Last edited:

type_r_wannabe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe WOP
Country flag
I just installed the thermal R&D one this weekend and im really happy with it. I wanted the same thing as you: more throaty but not raspy and stupid. very happy with it. Lots of afterfire sounds now. very crackly.

Sound clip(not mine):

grifocx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I tweeted at them a few weeks ago, they confirmed one is in the works but no timeline as to when it might hit the market.

So I’ve been waiting to upgrade the exhaust on my Si coupe because I really want a Borla exhaust. It can be hard to make a 4 cylinder sound nice without making it obnoxious, but on my old Miata it sounded amazing. Any idea when/if Borla will be coming out with an exhaust for the Si coupe (catback/axle back, I don’t care) or any news? As far as I can tell they haven’t brought the car in yet but that was back in February that they confirmed they’ll be making an exhaust for it, just wondering if there has been any updates.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tweeted at them a few weeks ago, they confirmed one is in the works but no timeline as to when it might hit the market.
Knowing Borla and how long it took them to just make a hatch sport exhaust that’s still 2.25” piping. I am guessing they’ll get her done within a year period

OP
OP

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just installed the thermal R&D one this weekend and im really happy with it. I wanted the same thing as you: more throaty but not raspy and stupid. very happy with it. Lots of afterfire sounds now. very crackly.

Sound clip(not mine):

Oooo I really like that. I think I’ll wait until we get some sound clips from Borla when they get close to finishing their’s and decide. That Thermal R&D though is definitely along the lines of what I’m looking for.

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
look at maperformance for the civic coupe or sedan exhaust.

Superfly

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R / 2018 Civic Si Sedan / 2018 Civic Si Coupe / 2018 Acccord 2.0 Touring / 2001 S2000
Country flag

Sound clip(not mine):

This is a dope video! I want my Si to look like that.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Glad you posted this. I had a Borla once on a different car. It WAS made of T1 aluminium airline quality grade material back in 2001. I am not sure if they still do so. From what I understand Borla makes 2 different types of Cat Backs for our cars ... AKS? and one that is S type? I feel like I have a general idea of the options but could use some help for sure. Anyone have Borla catback here?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I have a Borla Hush catback exhaust on my WRX and it is fantastic quality. I believe they use 300 grade SS which holds up great. Other that a bit of minor surface rust here and there, it still looks new after about 8 years on my car, through PA salty winters.

Superfly

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R / 2018 Civic Si Sedan / 2018 Civic Si Coupe / 2018 Acccord 2.0 Touring / 2001 S2000
Country flag
I’ve got Borla on my S2K and love it. No drone inside the cabin but sounds mean on the outside. I would definitely be interested in getting a Borla exhaust for my CTR.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve got Borla on my S2K and love it. No drone inside the cabin but sounds mean on the outside. I would definitely be interested in getting a Borla exhaust for my CTR.
Borla for CtR is out already

tomcxb

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Civic Type R, 2020 Pacific Pewter Honda Odyssey Elite, 2020 Tungsten Silver Toyota Supra 3.0
Country flag