Boostane Octane Booster

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok, I have been holding back but need to ask. Who here has used Boostane (Or any good octane booster...... Ex: Torco)?

What were your results? How much extra timing and/or boost were you able to tune in? How much extra timing did your tune add with just adding octane booster?

If you are bored, here are some videos and other links to get your juices flowing.

And some links ~~>
https://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tech/dyno-testing/the-big-fuel-test-boostane-adds-24-rwhp/

Nissan GTR

Mustang Forum

Ford F150 Forum

Adding below video since there have been people concerned about the coating the Boostane (And other octane booster additives) add.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok, I have been holding back but need to ask. Who here has used Boostane (Or any good octane booster...... Ex: Torco)?

What were your results? How much extra timing and/or boost were you able to tune in? How much extra timing did your tune add with just adding octane booster?
I've used 2 types 80 or 8 octane to run 102 octane and 70 or 7 octane. I seem to notice the car being more responsive and additional power is there due to the ECU determining your level of octane you get extra power hence the difference un 98 octane pump standard and 91 octane pump in Cali represents the 306 hp (US) and 325 hp (UK) ratings based on the 7 additional octane overseas. I have had no issues even if it's mental it's cheaper than racing fuel and runs like a bat out of hell. Just look at the difference E85 can make for you fuel is an important part to powering your automobile.

Boost 108 is and octane racing fuel booster sold in chains like advance auto for about $10 a fill up vs $7.50+ for pump 100 octane locally.

Reactions: Myx

CivicOops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I've used 2 types 80 or 8 octane to run 102 octane and 70 or 7 octane. I seem to notice the car being more responsive and additional power is there due to the ECU determining your level of octane you get extra power hence the difference un 98 octane pump standard and 91 octane pump in Cali represents the 306 hp (US) and 325 hp (UK) ratings based on the 7 additional octane overseas. I have had no issues even if it's mental it's cheaper than racing fuel and runs like a bat out of hell. Just look at the difference E85 can make for you fuel is an important part to powering your automobile.

Boost 108 is and octane racing fuel booster sold in chains like advance auto for about $10 a fill up vs $7.50+ for pump 100 octane locally.
This is not correct at all. The UK uses a different octane rating system than america. UK does not have 7 octane higher gas lol. The UK measures in RON and the US measures in PON.

98 Octane in the UK is essentially the same as 93 octane in the US. And 95 RON=91 PON.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I added a few videos and links above in my first post to some of reviews and results I read about. Just so folks know I wasn't just randomly posting this for no reason.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To my original point without trying to get overly complicated higher octane equals more power but many boosters don’t show the octane points only 3x that of other boosters etc. only buy a product that quantifies the octane level of boost IMO.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Wait so i could have my tuner dynotune my car for 93 octane if im willing to add this stuff into my 91 tank (highest in my area) every fill up?

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wait so i could have my tuner dynotune my car for 93 octane if im willing to add this stuff into my 91 tank (highest in my area) every fill up?
Theoretically you will be running 98 octane with a +7 0r 70 octane boost points.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Theoretically you will be running 98 octane with a +7 0r 70 octane boost points.
I may as well post the Boostane mixing chart. I have ordered the premium.

Honda Civic 10th gen Boostane Octane Booster Xmas2

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure about this brand but didnt DRob say octane booster in general contains heavy metals which is a no go for your injectors and plugs?

Searching forums a few had to change out plugs because of the octane booster.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure about this brand but didnt DRob say octane booster in general contains heavy metals which is a no go for your injectors and plugs?

Searching forums a few had to change out plugs because of the octane booster.
I have read the same on several different sites and links, where the residue is orangish in color. For the most part it didn't cause any misfires and such, even after the buildup but it would look worse than it actually was.

Also, I have read that you could add P.E.A (Polyether -Amine) **Detergent Additive** to a full tank afterwards to clean the injectors, plugs, etc of any residue left behind. This is the route I will be taking.

Drob knows I am super hard headed. Most things I listen to him while others times....sigh. This is one of those times. He will be tuning me though. :doh: I'm quite confident I will be getting some positive results. Stay tuned!

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking at the table... it make sense to me except the furthers righthand one. Wonder that the # of cans with everything being "1" signifies.

It looks like a huge difference compared to most over the counter octane boosters which would struggle to raise a whole tank (12 gallons) by even 1 point. With this stuff, as I read it, a 16 oz bottle should make a full tank of 93 in a Civic to ~101. That's pretty impressive.

But no... I've never really used octane booster, and certainly never tuned to any of the stuff. I'd read a few articles about how most over the counter ones barely actually work for most, with a few exceptions... but even those didn't come close to this. I think 2-3 points was the most difference I saw on a handful. Most were well under 1 point.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking at the table... it make sense to me except the furthers righthand one. Wonder that the # of cans with everything being "1" signifies..
The "1" signifies the amount of cans that would need to be added to achieve the results to the left of "1". Only one can is needed .

The 1.5t has a gas tank capacity of 12.4 gallons. The Boostane bottles are 16oz. So 16oz /12.4gal = 1.29oz per gallon. Since I purchased Boostane Premium and am currently using 93 octane, one bottle of premium Boostane added to a full tank of gas should get me to 100 octane minimal. I say minimal because if I fill the tank up any less, the octane should get higher the less I fill it.

I plan on adding the Boostane first before filling the tank up so I get a good mix. I'll fill the tank up for tuning purpose so that Drob can tune as aggressively as possible on the most conservative octane (100). If I choose to test with higher octane, I can see if it has any positive results after the tune.

I'm confident Drob can make my ignition even more aggressive than it already is while possibly adding an additional 1-2psi. That should make for a nice hp increase at the track. And hopefully meet (or Beat) Prl's street tire time of 13.1 in the 1/4 mile. :)

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The "1" signifies the amount of cans that would need to be added to achieve the results to the left of "1". Only one can is needed .
Ah... I figured you looked at the columns to the left of the # of cans column, determine your tank capacity then added the amount of oz needed to achieve your desired octane rating. i.e. 93 to 100 for a 12 gallon tank... 12x1.28 oz.= 15.36 oz. My original guestimate was wrong, BTW... you'd be 100, not 101. But that'd essentially mean add a whole 16 oz bottle of premium,

But If I was only gunning for 98... then it's 12 gallons tank x .44 oz = 5.28 oz. That's less than 1/2 a can... but there's still 1 can on the far right... and there's 16 and 32 oz cans sold... so... well... it still doesn't make sense to me.

Whatever. Doesn't matter. It still is wild there's a product out there that'll raise 93 to 100 out of a 16 oz bottle. I think a lot of the stuff they sell at Wally World adjusted octane by 0.3 points for a whole bottle that was probably 8-16 oz. It was negligible.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow....we were posting at the same time. :D