r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Finding absolutely nothing on this and professor Google doesn't seem to know either.

Can anyone explain BBG on FlashPro to me?

I have a CVT and would like to play around with this feature (maybe reign in the instant torque a little) or perhaps boost by other parameters, but BBG is what I hear about the most.

BUT as set on a basemap, it's just 3.000 across the whole table and I have no idea what this means or how adjusting it up or down would affect things.

Thank you in advance for enlightening me. A lot of FlashPro is still new to me so far.
Sponsored

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Long story short : If BBG is higher than your boost target, nothing happens. If BBG is lower than your boost target, BBG is targeted. So, say you are running a 22psi map that spins the hell out of your 1st and 2nd and traction control goes nuts. You can setup your 1st gear at 16-17psi and your 2nd at 18-19 and you get a smoother power delivery.

OP
OP
r.camlin

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Long story short : If BBG is higher than your boost target, nothing happens. If BBG is lower than your boost target, BBG is targeted. So, say you are running a 22psi map that spins the hell out of your 1st and 2nd and traction control goes nuts. You can setup your 1st gear at 16-17psi and your 2nd at 18-19 and you get a smoother power delivery.
I understand that for the most part. I'm just confused by the values for it in FlashPro. On the BBG table it's just "3.000" across the board. I have no idea what that number represents or what happens if I increase or decrease it.

I wish the table would just be in PSI.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't have BBG on my CARB Flashpro but that looks straightforward. Just reduce the numbers in the gear and RPM's that you want reduced power to avoid wheelspin (generally the lowest gears only). Leave the other areas untouched.

What's confusing to you is the numbers are in bar not psi. Here's the formula to convert bar to psi...

Take bar and multiply by 14.5. Then subtract 14.5 from that number. So 3.0 x 14.5 = 43.5 - 14.5 = 29 psi. That 3.0 number represents 29 psi meaning there is no boost by gear limit on the base tunes.

Adjust to your liking. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
r.camlin

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I didn't have BBG on my CARB Flashpro but that looks straightforward. Just reduce the numbers in the gear and RPM's that you want reduced power to avoid wheelspin (generally the lowest gears only). Leave the other areas untouched.

What's confusing to you is the numbers are in bar not psi. Here's the formula to convert bar to psi...

Take bar and multiply by 14.5. Then subtract 14.5 from that number. So 3.0 x 14.5 = 43.5 - 14.5 = 29 psi. That 3.0 number represents 29 psi meaning there is no boost by gear limit on the base tunes.

Adjust to your liking. Hope that helps.
That's exactly what I was wondering. Makes sense now that I realize it's bars. Gonna give it a shot when I get home from work.
Sponsored