Boomba Recirculating blow off valve not making any noise

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicSi2019
Country flag
Hello, new to the forums just got a 2019 Honda Civic si and I recently installed a boomba recirculating blow off valve and it’s not making any noise. Can anyone tell me if anyone else have this problem? Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
:popcorn:

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
You get the sound your looking for from a BOV but you can't do that on this car without issues.

Plenty of threads already that talk about it. You got the recirculating one ,which is good, but it's not going to produce the sound you're looking for. A intake will help bring out the sound tho

r_rated_ctr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Did you get the recirculating one? Or the regular one? From what I understand, the recirculating one is just an upgraded direct replacement from OEM. The regular one is a vent to atmosphere, so it will give the pshhhhh sound. Lol!

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello, new to the forums just got a 2019 Honda Civic si and I recently installed a boomba recirculating blow off valve and it’s not making any noise. Can anyone tell me if anyone else have this problem? Thanks in advance
Supposedly we don't need to run BOV on our cars.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The recirculating bypass valve is the correct one for our cars. It is an OEM upgrade and does NOT make any sound. The Blow Off Valve is the one that makes noise, but was NOT designed for our cars. They're bad. Very bad. Stay away. Get a cold air intake if you want pssshhh sounds.

Tenshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Allow me to save you a bunch of time researching on the forms: A true blow off valve is bad for car. That is the one that makes the surge-pshhhh noise iconic with turbo cars. Again, this is bad for the engine and is discouraged if you plan on having the car for any length of time. If you have money to burn, go for it.

A cold air intake will provide more sound and cooler intake temps. Cooler intake temps provide an opportunity for more power. Get a CAI and enjoy.

Just found an active thread about a blown... something and a BOV: https://www.civicx.com/threads/moderator-please-delete-thread.35126/

Last edited:

fkturboindo

First Name
Osmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK4 1.5 Turbo Hatchback
Country flag
never use BOV ! i used it for 1 year (6000 miles) and feel horrible! check engine light + many sensor light (not all the time, random) Run rich + turbo lag.

my suggestions: CAI / short air intake. cool and useful.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
never use BOV ! i used it for 1 year (6000 miles) and feel horrible! check engine light + many sensor light (not all the time, random) Run rich + turbo lag.

my suggestions: CAI / short air intake. cool and useful.
recirculating BOV is ok for our cars. He is using recirculating BOV not the one which vents outside

fkturboindo

First Name
Osmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK4 1.5 Turbo Hatchback
Country flag
oh
recirculating BOV is ok for our cars. He is using recirculating BOV not the one which vents outside
well, I agree. I used HKS bov last year that cause problem like Check engine light sometimes. now Turbosmart has dual port bov that claimed safe + Check engine light free. how about that? is it reeally good for our car? need opinion/ suggestion, thank you before. sorry my bad english.

Honda Civic 10th gen Boomba Recirculating blow off valve not making any noise Screenshot_20200704-184516_Tokopedia

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda civic Si sedan, 2016 Honda civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you get the recirculating one? Or the regular one? From what I understand, the recirculating one is just an upgraded direct replacement from OEM. The regular one is a vent to atmosphere, so it will give the pshhhhh sound. Lol!
False. OEM Its recirculating as well dude.
Sponsored