Boomba Racing Fully Recirculating BPV For the Type-R and 1.5T!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjamanCTR

Space Force Special Forces
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
How quickly are you anticipating the stock part will deteriorate? Would you kindly clarify your claim and provide a basis?
I'm sure they don't have the qualitative information for our particular platform because it's so new. Moreover, there's no basis for such a test because the test group wouldn't have enough "time in the seat" per se for accurate data regarding the deterioration of the rubber internals and maximum operational threshold of the stock BPV. What Boomba is likely basing their opinions from is data related to other makes and models. Even then, we all know that most will upgrade to this BPV for the added "sound" not performance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport, 2018 Civic Type-R, 2010 Civic SI, 2015 Civic SI,
Country flag
I don't see the part number. I'm not in a good spot with great internet hence why I asked. Text-based forums work better for me for some reason. Thanks!
Part number is: 039-00-001

How quickly are you anticipating the stock part will deteriorate? Would you kindly clarify your claim and provide a basis?
The Focus ST had a very similar design for the factory BPV, They would start to deteriorate around 50K and leak boost. The rubber on the Honda BPV is a little bit thicker, but you are still relying on a 3mm thick piece of rubber to hold back your boost.

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
is the vid on a stock intake?

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It say s release day August 13th so will they start shipping today. or will it get pushed back again?

They will be shipped out in the order they were received, They should start shipping soon.

is the vid on a stock intake?
Yes this is filmed with a factory intake.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Woah there! After much anticipation, and even more R&D we are finally releasing our BPV for the Type-R! We have finally completed the final stages of testing! They will be shipped out in the order they were received, starting today! We plan to have all of the pre orders shipped out by next Monday! (There is a lot of pre orders!) Thank you to all who pre ordered it!

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
Woah there! After much anticipation, and even more R&D we are finally releasing our BPV for the Type-R! We have finally completed the final stages of testing! They will be shipped out in the order they were received, starting today! We plan to have all of the pre orders shipped out by next Monday! (There is a lot of pre orders!) Thank you to all who pre ordered it!
1.5?? Sport Hatchback??
Also a lot of issues with the bov for the 1.5.
Hopefully this part will be more beneficial

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
got my tracking # yea buddy
Same here
Mine better ship out today, because I was the first one to place a pre order lol
1.5?? Sport Hatchback??
Also a lot of issues with the bov for the 1.5.
Hopefully this part will be more beneficial
I hope you’re right... the ones for the 1.5T were vent to atmospheric bovs while this one is a recirculating one, only time will tell.

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
Same here

Mine better ship out today, because I was the first one to place a pre order lol

I hope you’re right... the ones for the 1.5T were vent to atmospheric bovs while this one is a recirculating one, only time will tell.
And besides who knows when the 1.5 will be available

Status
Not open for further replies.