First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EXT
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to the site. First time Honda owner, I have a modern steel metallic 2016 EXT coupe...loving it so far. I want to do some pretty simple exterior modifications, I was wondering if anyone here has recommendations on where to get these done in Southern California.

Here's what I want to do:
1. Replace the hood with a hood with scoop ala the type R ( what can I say, I like hood scoops but can't afford a type R :)
2. Replace my chrome grill with a black one
3. Add a rear spoiler

I know these aren't very difficult, but I have no mechanical skills, so would need a shop that could get the parts, paint them to match my car and install them, without overcharging me too much. There are tons of places here in Socal but don't know where to start.

Thanks for any info!
Sponsored

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to the site. First time Honda owner, I have a modern steel metallic 2016 EXT coupe...loving it so far. I want to do some pretty simple exterior modifications, I was wondering if anyone here has recommendations on where to get these done in Southern California.

1. Replace the hood with a hood with scoop ala the type R ( what can I say, I like hood scoops but can't afford a type R :)
3. Add a rear spoiler

I know these aren't very difficult, but I have no mechanical skills, so would need a shop that could get the parts, paint them to match my car and install them, without overcharging me too much. There are tons of places here in Socal but don't know where to start.

Thanks for any info!
sadly the type R hood will not fit on our cars

OP
OP

barbados

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EXT
Country flag
OMG, really?! I had no idea that the hood wouldn't fit my Civic coupe. Well, that definitely changes the plan a bit...thanks so much for that info.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Hi everyone,

3. Add a rear spoiler

Thanks for any info!
Try Mod Bargains in La Habra, they have worked on several of my cars, great people, knowledgable and have a great waiting room.

http://www.modbargains.com

Last edited:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is a Type R CF style hood for the regular range. I think Seibon makes it. You can find the black grille and a spoiler to suit you on EBAY or one of the vendors on here.

OP
OP

barbados

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EXT
Country flag
Thanks to everyone for the info and suggestions! Hope to do these mods, at least the grille and spoiler, in the next month or 2.
Sponsored