Bluetooth song list shows "unknown title" for all song

MilfShake2108

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Hatchback LX 6SPD Manual
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Bluetooth song list shows "unknown title" for all song IMG_20190812_211605
I can connect and play songs from my phone just fine. The head unit will display the current song playing.

However, when I tap on the song name to open the song list, it shows the correct number of songs on my phone (182 songs), but all the other song (except the one that is playing) are named "unknown title". If I press "skip" button on the head unit, it switches to the next song just fine, and also shows the title of the next song, but then again, all the other songs are labelled "unknown title" in the song list.

I don't want to pick up, unlock my phone, then select the song I want while driving. I would like to do that with the head unit.

I have tried these music apps but same result: DoubleTwist, JetAudio+, PowerAmp, GoneMad Player.

What app do you guys use that can display your entire playlist correctly?
Sponsored

Last edited:

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Do your MP3 files have the info encoded in the tags/metadata? That would be the first thing I'd look at. I have all the tags encoded and have never seen this issue

OP
OP
MilfShake2108

MilfShake2108

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Hatchback LX 6SPD Manual
Country flag
Do your MP3 files have the info encoded in the tags/metadata? That would be the first thing I'd look at. I have all the tags encoded and have never seen this issue
Hi, I have just tried Google Play Music, which I never used because I hate it because you can't select multiple songs at once to make playlist, and it worked...

GPM is the only music app that the head unit can recognize my entire playlist and display all the songs in the playlist under their correct titles.

I'm shocked. I'm still trying to figure out why this happened because there is no way I will use GPM.