First Name
amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic ex
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Bluetooth help BD196642-AB94-42B6-ACD5-C8A2BE91E23C
Couldn’t get any help on the other forum, but maybe I’ll get some responses here.. :(

2017 civic ex

When I use Bluetooth, it doesn’t show the song title/artist/album anymore. All it shows is the device name for my phone even when songs are playing.

Any way I can get it to show the song title again? Thank you!
Sponsored

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have had this problem occur a few times, and it usually happens when I switch from using Apple CarPlay to Bluetooth as the source.

Try this:
1. Switch the source to FM.
2. Disconnect your phone from the audio system, and delete your device from the list.
3. Close the audio app on your phone (Spotify, iTunes, YouTube Music, etc.).
4. Shut the car Off.
5. Restart your car, and add your phone to the audio system.
6. Select Bluetooth as the Source.
7. Open your music app. Song data should appear.

I hope this helps.

OP
OP

exiss

First Name
amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic ex
Country flag
I have had this problem occur a few times, and it usually happens when I switch from using Apple CarPlay to Bluetooth as the source.

Try this:
1. Switch the source to FM.
2. Disconnect your phone from the audio system, and delete your device from the list.
3. Close the audio app on your phone (Spotify, iTunes, YouTube Music, etc.).
4. Shut the car Off.
5. Restart your car, and add your phone to the audio system.
6. Select Bluetooth as the Source.
7. Open your music app. Song data should appear.

I hope this helps.
Still no luck..:(

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Apple music
I loaded Apple Music and had the radio output the song data. Previously, I was using YouTube Music.

Honda Civic 10th gen Bluetooth help w357cTb

My iPhone is using iOS 13.3.1

I wish I could help you troubleshoot the issue. I just recall having your issue occur on my audio system a few times, but I managed to get the issue resolved with the above steps.

OP
OP

exiss

First Name
amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic ex
Country flag
;):);):):)
I loaded Apple Music and had the radio output the song data. Previously, I was using YouTube Music.

w357cTb.jpg

My iPhone is using iOS 13.3.1

I wish I could help you troubleshoot the issue. I just recall having your issue occur on my audio system a few times, but I managed to get the issue resolved with the above steps.
Damn.. it never did this before. Kind of annoying how I can’t see what song is playing. Thank you for the help anyway!:)

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
;):);):):)
Damn.. it never did this before. Kind of annoying how I can’t see what song is playing. Thank you for the help anyway!:)
Does the issue still persist if you connect your phone through the USB port?

Secondly, do you have your phone set as the Priority Device (1) in your audio Bluetooth settings? There is also a Smartphone setting where you can set Apple CarPlay.

Lastly, the only other problem that comes to mind is a firmware conflict with the audio system and the phone. I’m not sure if the audio system gets flashed during maintenance servicing when the vehicle requires it.

OP
OP

exiss

First Name
amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic ex
Country flag
Does the issue still persist if you connect your phone through the USB port?

Secondly, do you have your phone set as the Priority Device (1) in your audio Bluetooth settings? There is also a Smartphone setting where you can set Apple CarPlay.

Lastly, the only other problem that comes to mind is a firmware conflict with the audio system and the phone. I’m not sure if the audio system gets flashed during maintenance servicing when the vehicle requires it.
When I connect it with the usb plug, it just connects to Apple CarPlay. And yes, I deleted other users yesterday and set myself as the main one. Still nothing.

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
BD196642-AB94-42B6-ACD5-C8A2BE91E23C.jpeg
Couldn’t get any help on the other forum, but maybe I’ll get some responses here.. :(

2017 civic ex

When I use Bluetooth, it doesn’t show the song title/artist/album anymore. All it shows is the device name for my phone even when songs are playing.

Any way I can get it to show the song title again? Thank you!
I had similar problem. Try the hard reset it’s very simple. YouTube how to hard reset your 10th Gen there’s videos on it. That will reset the system and whatever problem you were having should go away.

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I had similar problem. Try the hard reset it’s very simple. YouTube how to hard reset your 10th Gen there’s videos on it. That will reset the system and whatever problem you were having should go away.
So pretty much go to Setting
So pretty much it’s like a reboot for the radio system.
1. Go to Settings
2.Select System
3. Scroll down to Factory Reset.
4. Go through those steps and your radio should reset and any problem you were having should be fixed.

OP
OP

exiss

First Name
amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic ex
Country flag
So pretty much go to Setting

So pretty much it’s like a reboot for the radio system.
1. Go to Settings
2.Select System
3. Scroll down to Factory Reset.
4. Go through those steps and your radio should reset and any problem you were having should be fixed.
Thank you so much it worked!!:)

SamualSS

First Name
Samual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Benz
Country flag
I play Apple Music with Bluetooth in my car using the Audio Converter for Mac. I just follow the post. It works well and I can listen to the songs freely and keep them on other players for offline playback.

kellyken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Country flag
I have met the same problem before, so I'm here to provide an alternative way to solve it. Download Apple Music to local for offline listening via an Apple Music Converter, which is capable of keeping all the ID3 tag information like you mentioned, artist, year, genre, album cover, etc.

Honda Civic 10th gen Bluetooth help {3A51AC69-F1CF-4BA7-81AA-72B2B3F2F76B}_20200810102056
Sponsored