Bluetooth dropping out constantly, more audio issues after 22k miles....

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
Hey guys,

I haven't had much trouble with the infotainment until about a week ago. It dropped off bluetooth during a call. Unplug it and plug is back in and it works....for a while and does the exact same thing. Voice commands on the unit also no longer work. For example, today "find chick fil a" would either say it doesn't know how to help me, or made the confirmation ding and did nothing....several times. I entered Dalton, GA for my trip and it scanned for about an hour trying to route it. Unplug the phone, punch it into maps on my phone and it instantly found it. Plugged it in and it worked OK. Also had "recent places" all missing.

What the heck is going on? I have rebooted the head unit and phone at least 10 times each with no improvement.
Sponsored

OP
OP

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So....I did the factory restore on the head unit hoping it would fix it. Then the screen went blank and never came back on. So, I disconnected the battery and the screen works again. But.....nothing works any better than it did, still no voice commands work in maps and the other issues as mentioned.

Help!

OP
OP

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And finally.....I deleted and re-downloaded AA, google, and maps. The voice recognition works again, will see about the bluetooth dropouts tomorrow while road tripping
Sponsored