Train2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6M
Country flag
I thought I saw a post about this, but can't find it...or maybe it wasn't here on the forum...
My phone keeps disconnecting/connecting/disconnecting/connecting - over and over, almost once a minute!
If manually disconnect and reconnect it may then be stable for a while. But the next time I drive, it starts all over.

I'm asking if this is a known issue - or if there's a known fix.

I checked some official Honda/Phone Compatibility tool, and it should be fine, but it's a 2017 Sport Hatch, and it's a Samsung J7 running Android 8.
Sponsored

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
Have you unpaired the phone / car, and tried pairing again?

DamonS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX
On my old phone (Motorola), I had to turn off the "Bluetooth Scanning" functionality and that stopped it from doing this for me. My new phone (Note 9) hasn't done it yet, with the same setting turned on. YMMV

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback 6MT SGP sport touring
Country flag
I thought I saw a post about this, but can't find it...or maybe it wasn't here on the forum...
My phone keeps disconnecting/connecting/disconnecting/connecting - over and over, almost once a minute!
If manually disconnect and reconnect it may then be stable for a while. But the next time I drive, it starts all over.

I'm asking if this is a known issue - or if there's a known fix.

I checked some official Honda/Phone Compatibility tool, and it should be fine, but it's a 2017 Sport Hatch, and it's a Samsung J7 running Android 8.
I'm having a similar issue with my vehicle too. What's weird is that with my previous device, a BlackBerry KEYone running Bluetooth 4.2, it paired flawlessly. Now with my newer BlackBerry KEY2 running Bluetooth 5.0, for whatever reason, I get the same issue: phone will pair or disconnect randomly. I hope someone here could provide some ideas as to how to fix this as it has become quite inconvenient.

OP
OP

Train2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6M
Country flag
Was hopeful - found that and tried, but no difference. Problem persists...
I guess I've got to go to dealer and see if it's any known issue with them.

On my old phone (Motorola), I had to turn off the "Bluetooth Scanning" functionality and that stopped it from doing this for me. My new phone (Note 9) hasn't done it yet, with the same setting turned on. YMMV

DamonS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX
Another common solution to 'stubborn' bluetooth issues is to wipe the "cache partition" on the android phone.

you'll need to google your phone for instructions but its not all that difficult and is not destructive. :)

Woltaire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
You can try doing a factory reset on the Head Unit itself. I had multiple issues with Bluetooth connectivity and Android Auto detection recently and resetting the unit seems to have resolved the issue; at least for the time being.

Civic_Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone wearing a smart watch paired to your phone via bluetooth? Leave the watch at home, see what happens.