bluetooth call quality vs. year and phone type?

Call quality is (from the perspective of someone receiving a call from CTR driver)?

• Good 2017 CTR iphone

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Good 2017 CTR andriod

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad 2017 CTR iphone

• Bad 2017 CTR android

• Good 2018 CTR iphone

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Good 2018 CTR android

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Bad 2018 CTR iphone

• Bad 2018 CTR android

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Good 2019 CTR iphone

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Good 2019 CTR android

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Bad 2019 CTR iphone

• Bad 2019 CTR android

• Total voters

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Yeah, codecs can be newer and the headunits are old as dust, but that still will only affect the quality slightly. You won't sound 'underwater' on a bluetooth connection, you either hear them or don't. Bluetooth doesn't downgrade bandwidth due to low signal to maintain a connection and it's all backwards/forwards compatible, regardless of version (not counting bluetooth LE). It only changes feature sets.

Even if it was the OLDEST bluetooth codec, that is enough to support the same level of quality that our phones have in the first place. The newer codecs only brought new sampling rates and stereo, and new ways to transmit large amounts of any kind of data you want instead of just audio.

The newest bluetooth standards are only just now arriving in our phones anyways. These standards take yeaaaaars before they ACTUALLY end up in your devices.
So what is causing the poor Bluetooth audio , if it's not Codec Incompatibility, and additional re-coding of the audio between units ?
Maybe, with your Software Engineering experience, you might be the one to identify what is causing the issue, and suggest a solution. ?
Sponsored

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
On my pixel I'm pretty sure AA needs BT. The car will ask to kick my iPhone off BT for the Pixel to use in AA

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
your car and phone are under water? did you try putting it in rice?

I'm sorry . That was not helpful. I will show myself out.
No, it's caused by Tinting -- they use too much water when applying the Tint, and many of the car components get wet, and are underwater.

(I'll follow you out :bump: )

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So what is causing the poor Bluetooth audio , if it's not Codec Incompatibility, and additional re-coding of the audio between units ?
Maybe, with your Software Engineering experience, you might be the one to identify what is causing the issue, and suggest a solution. ?
My point is that I don't think it's an issue with any digital signals or software at all. Digital signals don't degrade like this. It's almost certainly the microphone, and if it's not that it has to be what converts the mics analog signal into a digital one in the head unit. From there the signal never returns to analog where it could start sounding 'underwater'. Grounding issues can cause this issue.

Occams razor, the simple answer usually is the answer. Anything else is quite unlikely.

OP, you ever got any water or cleaning stuff up by the lights? Ever get tint? Try spraying some air duster in there.
Sponsored

Last edited: