Blown head gasket

1. Micah

Micah Senior Member

Car(s):
    '17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD

Relevant

[​IMG]

2. Micah

Micah Senior Member

Car(s):
    '17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
    roughly 24 PSI in 6th, knock control looks good though, and at that high in the RPM range, when trying for a top speed run.... I can't really say that amount of boost is harmful...

driving that fast on any public road is arguably reckless, but in my younger days I did worse. I used to hit 155 in my 2005 350Z (completely stock max speed) on the turnpike just before Newark when traffic allowed. There was no shoulder, no place for police to sit, they certainly weren't going to creep up on me from behind, and just before an overpass where police liked to sit the road took a long incline which made braking easy. Only did it a few times in 2 years. Looking back.... really stupid

3. Dario1101

Dario1101 Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX-MODEL
    I remember when I first got my civic past the break-in period, I would try to speed up a bit to see how fast the car could go. One day, I went 100 mph on a street and was doing fine until the time came to brake. I was with my cousin in the car at the time and we were both strapped in with seatbelts, thankfully. I don't know why, but I am assuming I did not have the car aligned straight dead center that when I tapped on the brakes, the car swerved left and right a bit. Almost went on the median and hit a tree; that would have been the end of me. I was 18 at the time (I'm 20 now) and realized that holy crap I could have died had I went a little more to the left. After that experience, I don't speed anymore. When I drive now, I go to the speed limit, put on cruise control, and just drive until I reach my destination. I have always valued my life, and for some reason, I didn't really think that braking at 100 mph could cause the car to swerve like that.

I've never really told people this story, but I just felt like sharing it with you all. Anyways, I just love doing my own car maintenance so that's why I am here on these forums, learning new things and seeing what other civic people are up to.

MaxPower and Micah thanked this.