First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree the information doesn't prove anything is within safe parameters. Anything past 15.0 is running lean, so there's a massive spike in lean mixture in the info provided. Might be alright for a while but multiply the lean spike hundreds of times a day for a decade or two and see what happens, this lean condition would increase temperature, and even slightly the greater the wear.

Take for example if you have an all stock Civic driven for 20 years, what parts failed and why? The heat wear over the lifespan of the car made its toll and it's completely stock. Now factor in lean condition mods, you can definitely say there would be a significantly greater amount of wear and tear.

Check engine lights won't turn on for wrong air fuel ratio it will only turn on if the related sensors completely fail. The car is designed to adjust to fuel to variations of airflow. It wouldn't make sense for check engine light to come on because you live in high or lower elevations.

Anyhow, people can do what they want. If in 10 years they're okay with more wear and tear for the sake of sounding cooler that's their choice. If voiding the manufacture warranty before it ends is fine with the car owner that's their choice too.
I have zero issue with people running a BOV. I have an issue with a manufacturer lying to it's customers to make more money. Just shut up with the lies and "fake news" videos (ya I went there :patriot:)

@Boomba Racing needs to do what every single other aftermarket part manufacturer does. Don't make any claims about reliability for your aftermarket parts. Claims make you responsible. I've said it before, I don't think Boomba makes bad products at all. They seem to be quality parts. I just don't appreciate them spreading false information to people who don't know any better.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fast Life

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic si 2016 Honda civic lx 2008 Honda civic si 1991 Honda crx si 1988 honda crx hf
Just curious, but has any company been working on a bpv for the 2017 civic si

Fast Life

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic si 2016 Honda civic lx 2008 Honda civic si 1991 Honda crx si 1988 honda crx hf
Thank you for putting the link down. I just want to make sure that I put the right parts on my car and not just slap something on cause it sounds cool. Have you done business with that particular brand before. Juat curious?

Fast Life

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the info as well I just want this to be done right the first time and have a tune done as well when I have all the parts together I will put them on all at the same time. Just trying to get a list together along with a clutch after seeing the stock ones slip on the dyno

aruiz2014

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Rallye Red
Just be careful with the bolts I lost two hahaha, good thing I have a hardware store nearby. Just for piece of mind get a few extra bolts just in case, it's a tight spot.
Do you by chance remeber what size the bolts were? I lost one just now doing my install

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Get ones of those magnetic extensor tools. Helps with getting those bolts you lose in the engine bay. Such a life saver.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Do you by chance remeber what size the bolts were? I lost one just now doing my install
Sorry, I can't remember just bring the other one to the hardware store they should be able to help you out.

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you have this installed..if so any feedback?
No, just posted the link. I did have a Forge diverted valve on my Audi S3 and it's good quality.

Johnny_Ek

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si 97 civic hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do those recirculation valves work for our 1.5? Doesn't say its for our civics. And if they do work, is it a bolt on application?
If you go on the website and go where it says compatible cars I think its called it shows the 2017 civic si and it looks like a direct bolt on.

Fastmodz

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmodz.com
Vehicle(s)
1986 CRX
Curious if anyone has tried to for a universal blow off valve in the civic x yet. Scrolling through ebay and saw a BOV adaptor for the 1.5t. Could be garbage but does anyone have experience with this yet?

Maybe it's the kid in me, but I sure would love the pshhhhh coming from my Hatch!

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/222316295150
We offer many blow off valve options if that is something you are wanting.
Sponsored