blow off valve ?

NiltyTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTi
It has a diverter valve that seems to work beautifully from the factory, why mess with something like that which will probably just throw codes and make your car run like cr@p? A nicely designed intake alone will give you the noise your looking for if thats all your after.
Sponsored

qt_pSidon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Actually an upgraded diverter valve or a recirculating blow off valve will not do any harm if you get a quality built one for the car, just make sure you adjust the spring properly. Someone mention that the car is running a MAF sensor which measures the air from the intake, so upgrading your intake without a proper tune may cause more harm/damage over time. I would hold off on getting an intake until a tuner says it's okay to run one without a tune.

I own a Subaru WRX and it uses a MAF sensor as well and all intakes requires a proper tune. I don't know much on turbo Honda engines at the moment but I wouldn't install an intake.

Also I suggest reading up on MAF vs MAP sensors, since not all cars uses the same set up. For instance, Golf GTI/R uses a MAP sensors and you can run any intake you want without a tune, but you can benefit it more with a tune. As mention before WRX/STi runs a MAF set up and requires a proper tune.

OP
OP
CivicR316

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic type r and a 2013 chevy silverado hd
Country flag
no i am not i am just doing some research on whats out there and what people are doing i don't plan on doing any thing to the car till other have proven it performs haha but thank you for the helpful info

OP
OP
CivicR316

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't think the boomba one will work for the 2.0 don't look to be the same if any one has one on or tried one please let me know i am looking for a good one

fk8_#798

First Name
pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic is fully built engine and tranny supercharged e85 , 2017 civic touring 1.5t sedan., 2017 civic type r hatchback 2.0 turbocharged
I don't think the boomba one will work for the 2.0 don't look to be the same if any one has one on or tried one please let me know i am looking for a good one

i agree., if you go on there website , they have sound clips on the 1.5t and a install manual...then when u look for the type r one its the same but no sound clip and no install manual avail yet. vit viper commented on this .,said that the boomba is vent to atmosphere which he says its big nono for mass air flow cars .......im gonna wait till someone makes a recirculating valve

OP
OP
CivicR316

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes i am going to wait as well thanks guys
i agree., if you go on there website , they have sound clips on the 1.5t and a install manual...then when u look for the type r one its the same but no sound clip and no install manual avail yet. vit viper commented on this .,said that the boomba is vent to atmosphere which he says its big nono for mass air flow cars .......im gonna wait till someone makes a recirculating valve
am

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Guys make sure you don't convert to a BOV that vents to atmosphere. If its anything like the 1.5, all air is metered and accounted for by the engine It won't run optimally if you vent air the engine has already accounted for and thinks it is consuming. Now when they make a recirculating one with the glorious sound....

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
A person already took apart the turbo. The BOV is incorporated into the turbo housing, so it's a recirculating type.
It all depends on the car, I don't know how the Type R set up is but if it is recirculating then I would keep it stock. Usually you would want to upgrade the BOV if you are running higher boost level. Most time BOV can leak and cause problem if you don't set the tension correctly
Someone already took apart the turbo. Not sure if he's on the forum or not. The BOV is incorporated into the turbo housing. It's a recirculating type.

mafi83

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CW Civic TypeR / '01 PY Integra TypeR/ '91 CRX SI / '17 Hellcat Challenger / '14 Corvette Stingray/ '16RAM 2500
I actually ordered a Boomba Blowoff Valve after speaking to them and confirming fitment for the CTR. After it arrived I was disappointed to see that in fact it doesn't fit at all. Looks like they skipped the research to rush it into the market :(

I reached out to them and returned it yesterday. Hopefully they'll have the correct type soon.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I actually ordered a Boomba Blowoff Valve after speaking to them and confirming fitment for the CTR. After it arrived I was disappointed to see that in fact it doesn't fit at all. Looks like they skipped the research to rush it into the market :(

I reached out to them and returned it yesterday. Hopefully they'll have the correct type soon.
I don't believe they actually have a research team. I've had there BOV, which broke, and the CVT mount, which vibrates like all hell.

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag

I think it is an external wastegate we are hearing, if you watch the Prodrive video one of the announcer say its a wastegate

Announcer is most likely confused. Wastegates don't make a high pitched whistle-y sound like that. Normally they just.....scream.

Not to mention you'd be hearing the WG when under boost, not when letting off the throttle.

With all that said, that's one of the best sounding cars STi's I've ever heard. Wow!

fk8_#798

First Name
pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic is fully built engine and tranny supercharged e85 , 2017 civic touring 1.5t sedan., 2017 civic type r hatchback 2.0 turbocharged
Still no BOV available?
HKS is working on a exhaust, down pipe and currently on a recirculating bov (which is what we’re running on the type r now and si. stock) they stated that it will be released come early 2018 with no set date.
Sponsored