Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I mean, you can do what you want to your car, but ignoring advice from a trusted tuner who probably knows more about this stuff than anyone here is probably not a good idea. to each his own though
I kinda agree. Unless your running a cat less system. Full vent is going to eventually damage your CAT. Dallasjhawk, being a tuner, would there be other issues to consider?
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Another question is, and someone with ktuner or hondata, how much is the system thrown off durring vent?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I kinda agree. Unless your running a cat less system. Full vent is going to eventually damage your CAT. Dallasjhawk, being a tuner, would there be other issues to consider?
I wish I understood this stuff more, Im reading up but i am not a tuner. I was speaking of Vit from Vittunned. He know his stuff and is a master with the K Series stuff and already working magic on these turbo motors.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
fouling out spark plugs early, Cylinder wall wash, washing out the rings are some of the things. If it will ever happen? who knows but just something that could affect it

Pirep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
This is probably a dumb question but is the BOV worth having on a CVT?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
what do you mean by worth it? if you want to hear your blow off valve dump air to the atmosphere then are you willing to pay $170 for that? If so then it is.

Pirep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
what do you mean by worth it? if you want to hear your blow off valve dump air to the atmosphere then are you willing to pay $170 for that? If so then it is.
I've read around apparently it's not good with an automatic transmission since every time you let go of the gas it'll go off. I'm a bit new to the scene so apologies if I sound a bit clueless and $170 for your explanation of a BOV seems to not be worth it for my taste the way you put it.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've read around apparently it's not good with an automatic transmission since every time you let go of the gas it'll go off. I'm a bit new to the scene so apologies if I sound a bit clueless and $170 for your explanation of a BOV seems to not be worth it for my taste the way you put it.
Well in the CVT, if you are cruising or not running enough throttle to get into boost it wont blow off every time. All its doing is releasing the built up pressure in the system to the atmosphere and the valve in the bov makes that noise. Boomba says they have no issue so far on their VTA that they tested, others say it will run your car rich, believe who you want and do what you want. I know what im doing but im not here to poopoo boomba's thread, they've been more than cordial to me an my thoughts here. they make good products and are an active vendor here. as for $170, you are not going to find a good name brand trusted one for less,unless you buy knockoffs from ebay

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport, 2018 Civic Type-R, 2010 Civic SI, 2015 Civic SI,
Country flag
200$? Yikes..
I'm seeing $170 on our website. Not sure where you got the $200 from as it ships for free within the US.

This is a vehicle specific BOV which will not throw a check engine light and is sold by a reputable vendor and not some knock-off eBay made piece.

Absolutely! A few of our local testers were CVT owners. The piece works fine on CVT vehicles. The noise can still be easily modulated with the throttle.

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are ways to still get good sound out of a CVT, kind of the same thing with after market exhaust on a CVT.. Just because there are no gears does not mean it cannot sound right :)

-R
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.