First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you comment on others saying that without tuning this could be damaging to te engine in the long run? Just curious because I love that sound and I want it.
If they haven't said it yet, they are not going to. It will hurt their sales.

Venting to atmosphere blow off valves will cause your car to run rich between shifts. This will lead to more fuel in the oil, higher exhaust gas temps, and possible back firing from too much fuel being sent out the exhaust valves.

As long as you keep an eye on your oil becoming too diluted with fuel, that shouldn't be an issue. The issue is the catalytic converters. They are burning all this extra fuel which causes them to wear much faster. You'll get significantly less life on your exhaust system. Backfiring can also blow the catalytic converter elements apart. If you have a catless exhaust system you have nothing to worry about with a VTA BOV.

If you feel the whoosh sound is worth all the additional strain to your car, then go for it. It's your car, do what makes you happy. Honda is going to use the BOV as an excuse to not warranty also.

*edit: Idk why I typed "not" when I said "Honda is (not) going to use the BOV... They absolutely will.

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If they haven't said it yet, they are not going to. It will hurt their sales.

Venting to atmosphere blow off valves will cause your car to run rich between shifts. This will lead to more fuel in the oil, higher exhaust gas temps, and possible back firing from too much fuel being sent out the exhaust valves.

As long as you keep an eye on your oil becoming too diluted with fuel, that shouldn't be an issue. The issue is the catalytic converters. They are burning all this extra fuel which causes them to wear much faster. You'll get significantly less life on your exhaust system. Backfiring can also blow the catalytic converter elements apart. If you have a catless exhaust system you have nothing to worry about with a VTA BOV.

If you feel the whoosh sound is worth all the additional strain to your car, then go for it. It's your car, do what makes you happy. Honda is not going to use the BOV as an excuse to not warranty also.
You can get the whoosh by removing the intake resonator and getting an aftermarket resonator

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you comment on others saying that without tuning this could be damaging to te engine in the long run? Just curious because I love that sound and I want it.
You cant tune a VTA BOV on a recirculation valve system. but you CAN do whatever you want to your car though. Just know the consequences of using the parts you do

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Considering I'm running much higher pressures right now. Aftermarket BOV is in my sights. Let us know when you guys have the release date! Same with the motor mount ;)

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport, 2018 Civic Type-R, 2010 Civic SI, 2015 Civic SI,
Country flag
Considering I'm running much higher pressures right now. Aftermarket BOV is in my sights. Let us know when you guys have the release date! Same with the motor mount ;)
We'll be opening up the pre-sale very soon!

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
We have many testers that are running this piece and have experienced no issues. The car does not experience any new turbo lag, does not throw a check engine light, and is not stuttering or sputtering. Some of these vehicles are stock, some of them are modified.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We have many testers that are running this piece and have experienced no issues. The car does not experience any new turbo lag, does not throw a check engine light, and is not stuttering or sputtering. Some of these vehicles are stock, some of them are modified.
Despite the vocal minority you still have many interested customers here!

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Despite the vocal minority you still have many interested customers here!
We encourage people to see what they think! We know you'll be very happy.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hahaha. Very true.. and vocal seems a bit of an understatement at this point ha.
I mean, you can do what you want to your car, but ignoring advice from a trusted tuner who probably knows more about this stuff than anyone here is probably not a good idea. to each his own though
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.