mkimmey1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 6MT Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Could you theoretically insert a couple washers on the bolts holding the BPV in place to create a "poor mans BOV adapter", or does it not work like that? It would create a gap from which air would escape.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport, 2018 Civic Type-R, 2010 Civic SI, 2015 Civic SI,
Country flag
Could you theoretically insert a couple washers on the bolts holding the BPV in place to create a "poor mans BOV adapter", or does it not work like that? It would create a gap from which air would escape.
Definitely cannot do that. It would create a huge boost leak and the vehicle will not be able to hold any pressure.

filmerdude256

Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Yeah that'd be just a huge hole all the boost would flow out of. You'd become pig rich and have a lot of issues

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And this is direct bolt on with no issues or potential damage to the engine or a tune needed? I like that sound!!!!!
This is the Vent to Atmosphere thats why the sound is so loud and awesome but it wont recirculate the air back in the system and the ECU cant compensate. you can and will run rich.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Running rich happens literally for a split second when you blow off. You guys make it sound like you're permanently running rich.
running rich for a second every time you let off the gas over the life of the car is a lot of seconds to intentionally run rich so you can hear a loud woosh sound. Why not put the right bvp valve on, grab an intake, remove the resonator and tune it and voila, you have your woosh and a car that runs right. I mean, I get it, you can do what you want, the stance bro nation doesnt give a flip that they are damaging their cars but at least they know that. Most newbies wont understand what they are doing when putting a VTA BOV on this car. So if they are correctly informed of what is happening and still choose to run a VTA BOV then at least they made an informed decision albeit, not a very smart one

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
... Why not put the right bvp valve on, grab an intake, remove the resonator and tune it and voila...
It's just bpv (bvp valve = by valve pass valve), and I'm not saying don't wait for one. Obviously if tuning is not an option sticking with the factory system is definitely the better option. Do you idle your car for even a minute to warm it up? Cause that's 60 entire seconds of running rich. All I'm saying is there are more reasons than a bov that the engine might run rich. Also I'm tuning so this is all pretty irrelevant for me hahaha.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's just bpv (bvp valve = by valve pass valve), and I'm not saying don't wait for one. Obviously if tuning is not an option sticking with the factory system is definitely the better option. Do you idle your car for even a minute to warm it up? Cause that's 60 entire seconds of running rich. All I'm saying is there are more reasons than a bov that the engine might run rich. Also I'm tuning so this is all pretty irrelevant for me hahaha.
you cant tune for for a BOV that doesnt recirculate on a mass air flow car. The ECU expects the air to be there and will deliver the amount of fuel asked for by the ECU when it read the air flow.

mathew62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you cant tune for for a BOV that doesnt recirculate on a mass air flow car. The ECU expects the air to be there and will deliver the amount of fuel asked for by the ECU when it read the air flow.
Ok. We get it, you aren't getting one. y'all keep going back and forth with the same stuff

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok. We get it, you aren't getting one. y'all keep going back and forth with the same stuff
as long as people want to misinform, Ill be here to make sure the facts are known. And guess what, I will get one, just not the vta bov.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.