Blow Off Valve - Boomba Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Just curious, is there anyone still running the boomba bov, and have you had any know problems with your car do to the boomba bov?

The ones that were running the boomba bov but took it off, did you notice any problems with your car while running the boomba bov?
At this point, being aware of this thread, if you install a BOV you deserve what you get.

If you cannot be bothered to read the whole thread I have a relevant link in my signature.
Sponsored

turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
At this point, being aware of this thread, if you install a BOV you deserve what you get.

If you cannot be bothered to read the whole thread I have a relevant link in my signature.
I've read the entire thread, I think, I could have over looked something. I dont think I saw anywhere in here that anyone was having problems with their cars after installing this on their car, again, I could have over looked something. I've seen it posted several times that it will make the cars run a little rich for a split sec. and after a long period of time, will damage the cat. After owning and racing on a regular basis a 95 GST eclipse and an EVO 8, both running close or right at 30psi of boost with VTA BOVs, with the proper tune, I never had a single issue with them, granted they did not have cats. either. I was always taught that it was better for the auto to run a little rich because you sure dont want it to run lean. Is the new civics x that much different where it needs to run more lean than rich? Again Im new to the honda world, I dont know what the civics can and cant do just yet. I'm not here to promote the VTA BOV, I'd just like to know who all has had or have problems with this BOV, if no one has, then great, if 50% have, may want to look elsewhere, if everyone has, then they need to pull them off the shelf and stop selling. And I cant see a sig, as I am using my cell phone.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
I've read the entire thread, I think, I could have over looked something. I dont think I saw anywhere in here that anyone was having problems with their cars after installing this on their car, again, I could have over looked something. I've seen it posted several times that it will make the cars run a little rich for a split sec. and after a long period of time, will damage the cat. After owning and racing on a regular basis a 95 GST eclipse and an EVO 8, both running close or right at 30psi of boost with VTA BOVs, with the proper tune, I never had a single issue with them, granted they did not have cats. either. I was always taught that it was better for the auto to run a little rich because you sure dont want it to run lean. Is the new civics x that much different where it needs to run more lean than rich? Again Im new to the honda world, I dont know what the civics can and cant do just yet. I'm not here to promote the VTA BOV, I'd just like to know who all has had or have problems with this BOV, if no one has, then great, if 50% have, may want to look elsewhere, if everyone has, then they need to pull them off the shelf and stop selling. And I cant see a sig, as I am using my cell phone.
Pretty sure those older DSM were MAP based and not MAF based. But let me know if I am mistaken.

Also it is important to specify the bov does not make the car run "a little rich". That would imply an AFR target around 10-11. A BOV on a MAF tuned motor will run pig rich every time you VTA. Try to count how often you let off the throttle while in boost. It happens that often.

Here is the linked post I was referring to:

https://www.civicx.com/threads/swallowing-my-pride-and-asking-questions.23733/page-2#post-399053

Last edited:

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Just get a CAI and proper tune. It will make your ears have an orgasm every time u press the throttle

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pretty sure those older DSM were MAP based and not MAF based. But let me know if I am mistaken.

Also it is important to specify the bov does not make the car run "a little rich". That would imply an AFR target around 10-11. A BOV on a MAF tuned motor will run pig rich every time you VTA. Try to count how often you let off the throttle while in boost. It happens that often.

Here is the linked post I was referring to:

https://www.civicx.com/threads/swallowing-my-pride-and-asking-questions.23733/page-2#post-399053
All 4G63 motor DSMs were MAF. The N/T 420a in the 2nd gen was MAP.

I say this all the time in the WRX forums, but a VTA BOV isn't going to blow up your car. It's not doing it any favors, but it's not imminent catastrophic failure every shift. If you've got a catless exhaust system, there really isn't much that it's going to hurt. The only major(ish) thing I can think of it doing is really contribute to the fuel dilution seen in TCDI engines during the winter.

I'm certainly not advocating that anybody gets this POS Boomba BOV, or any other VTA BOV, but you're not going to destroy your car if you put it on.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I completely agree, but very often in my WRX I've got my radio shut off so I can hear my boxer rumble, turbo, and BOV :p
I miss my old WRX, but not enough to get another anytime soon. Back when it was mine it was good for 13's at 300whp with a vf34.

Now it's my brothers - he's running mid 11's on a stock EJ205 with an EFR7163 around 450whp.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.