dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Please go ahead, explain to me why you think they’re bad
So your answer to my questions is to question me? Again, do you know what a VTA BOV is actually for? Yes, you are spreading false info, in no way shape or form is this good for your good.

But since Im here, Ill address your question, anybody that knows anything about MAF car will tell you, air that is metered at the MAF and is expected, needs to be recirculated back into the system. The ECU is expecting it. But if you dont believe me or anyone else who tells you at least read this

http://www.civicx.com/threads/vent-to-atmosphere-type-blow-offs.10268/
Sponsored

ryanfk7

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ‘17 Hatch EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you seen my data log that I posted earlier? Yes, I know it runs rich when it vta. With the STFT running rich for about 0.05 seconds and the ECU correcting the issue. Most of the running rich issues with a bov will happen because the bov stays open for a significant amount of time. Have you seen boomba’s post about the spring pre-load they’ve used? Unlike other bov’s that vta and do not close immediately after realeasing air, this one closes after it releases air which like I stated is 0.05 seconds. So it’s not stalling the engine nor is it flooding it with fuel. If it was, correct me if I’m wrong but I’d be seeing black clouds out of my exhaust due to all the buildup? Which I am not. I’m not saying either of us is wrong or right. But from what I’ve seen with other cars having issues, is when the bov doesn’t close and makes you run rich for a significant amount of time causing stalls, carbon build up, and oil wash in the cylinders. Even when my STFT’s dropped to -25 every time I let off the throttle and the BOV released air, the AFR had only dropped to 11, which is still safe.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you seen my data log that I posted earlier? Yes, I know it runs rich when it vta. With the STFT running rich for about 0.05 seconds and the ECU correcting the issue. Most of the running rich issues with a bov will happen because the bov stays open for a significant amount of time. Have you seen boomba’s post about the spring pre-load they’ve used? Unlike other bov’s that vta and do not close immediately after realeasing air, this one closes after it releases air which like I stated is 0.05 seconds. So it’s not stalling the engine nor is it flooding it with fuel. If it was, correct me if I’m wrong but I’d be seeing black clouds out of my exhaust due to all the buildup? Which I am not. I’m not saying either of us is wrong or right. But from what I’ve seen with other cars having issues, is when the bov doesn’t close and makes you run rich for a significant amount of time causing stalls, carbon build up, and oil wash in the cylinders. Even when my STFT’s dropped to -25 every time I let off the throttle and the BOV released air, the AFR had only dropped to 11, which is still safe.
:banghead:Ok continue to plug your ears ignore the facts and the science. You can run it all you want, but don't be telling people its fine, when its not. We have numerous members who had stalling and CELs in our Facebook group from running it. :dunno:

ryanfk7

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ‘17 Hatch EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:banghead:Ok continue to plug your ears ignore the facts and the science. You can run it all you want, but don't be telling people its fine, when its not. We have numerous members who had stalling and CELs in our Facebook group from running it. :dunno:
Ignore the facts and science? I have the datalogs, from MY car. I have the facts right in front of me. Have you ever thought that maybe they threw codes and stalling because of the tunes that they are using or any bolt-ons?? Two of the same car can react differently, but it’s up to each user to do their research on their own car. What the bov does to my car is not harmful. These cars are very smart. With sensors all over. The maf sensor does get the data within the intake. But there is also the map sensor within the intake manifold. When it senses nothing was recirculated because it’s blown off, it corrects itself from the previous measurements. That’s why it’s only a fraction of a second. This is my last post in this thread because nobody can be civil without basically saying someone is downright stupid. I get it nothing is going to change your mind about your thoughts on vta on this car, but don’t degrade someone who has done the research and testing to PROVE that it is doing no harm to their own car. All I’ve been doing is giving the facts that I’ve found from my car, and you keep going back to these generalized statements. How can you try to do that when I have the datalogs right in front of me telling me different? Do you expect me to believe the car is lying to me?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ignore the facts and science? I have the datalogs, from MY car. I have the facts right in front of me. Have you ever thought that maybe they threw codes and stalling because of the tunes that they are using or any bolt-ons?? Two of the same car can react differently, but it’s up to each user to do their research on their own car. What the bov does to my car is not harmful. These cars are very smart. With sensors all over. The maf sensor does get the data within the intake. But there is also the map sensor within the intake manifold. When it senses nothing was recirculated because it’s blown off, it corrects itself from the previous measurements. That’s why it’s only a fraction of a second. This is my last post in this thread because nobody can be civil without basically saying someone is downright stupid. I get it nothing is going to change your mind about your thoughts on vta on this car, but don’t degrade someone who has done the research and testing to PROVE that it is doing no harm to their own car. All I’ve been doing is giving the facts that I’ve found from my car, and you keep going back to these generalized statements. How can you try to do that when I have the datalogs right in front of me telling me different? Do you expect me to believe the car is lying to me?
Where have I degraded you, Ive asked you to not spread false information about VTA BOVs. Ive been very civil towards you. Your datalogs even prove the car runs rich on shifts and transients so Im not sure why you are mad at me when your own data proves you wrong. MAP sensor has nothing to do with the MAF sensor reading air and telling the ECU to send fuel. You cant unsend it once its requested. I mean if you want to continue discussing this I'll just get @VitViper in here and he can explain it in all its glory and detail. He probably wont waste his time though since he already has a dedicated thread to it. Did you go read that thread? or did you ignore it just like you ignore my question about what a VTA BOV is really for? I look forward to you ignoring me since you are apparently done posting here.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Let me break this down one more way for you. Let's say you smoke, you go get some tests done and they tell well your lungs look a little black but they aren't bad yet and you don't have lung cancer, Does that mean smoking isnt bad for YOU since YOU don't have cancer yet?

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
@dallasjhawk you are so negative with anyone that enjoys the BOV man... you're nobodies dad so just let them be... this guy who uploaded his proof NEVER said anything about this BOV doing good to your car. read the damn post and try again... i don't see how you get so worked up each and every time... the BOV will do harm over 120k miles yes we all know that... we don't give a f thats why we still run in... but nobody here is claiming it is good for this car so chill out

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@dallasjhawk you are so negative with anyone that enjoys the BOV man... you're nobodies dad so just let them be... this guy who uploaded his proof NEVER said anything about this BOV doing good to your car. read the damn post and try again... i don't see how you get so worked up each and every time... the BOV will do harm over 120k miles yes we all know that... we don't give a f thats why we still run in... but nobody here is claiming it is good for this car so chill out
BC in no way shape or form was a VTA BOV meant to be on this car. But you got your cool sounds so enjoy it bro. Its not being negative when Im stating actual facts. Im not talking shit on anyone, its the truth, vta bovs make your car run rich, his own datalogs showed it.
And yeah, he out here saying its safe to run.....whatever, why you jumping in? Oh thats right, you're running one too. Just accept the fact you put a pointless noise maker on your car that does nothing but bad things to your car so the people around you can hear you have a turbo. wooooo for you

EDIT: being negative would be telling him his mods suck or are ugly

EDIT: If you know anyone else wanting a BOV, let me know, Ill sell them mine for $100 shipped to their house. Ill be glad to let em run, but Ill tell how its not good for the car. There is a reason I havent been able to sell it yet.......

Honda Civic 10th gen Blow Off Valve - Boomba Racing IMG_1967.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Blow Off Valve - Boomba Racing IMG_1968.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Blow Off Valve - Boomba Racing IMG_1970.JPG

Last edited:

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
MAP sensors are not that smart. You can't make a correlation between a sensor that reads air quantity and air pressure, they are two completely different things.

Thanks for supplying your datalogs, more information and data is always better. I know your interpretation of the data makes you feel comfortable using your purchase, but I think you're a tad bias on this. Your logs do show a rich condition. If this were only one single event over the coarse of a drive, you're right it wouldn't be a big deal. But this is an event that can happen over 200 times an hour if you live in a city. Go count how many times you shift your car during your morning commute.

We really shouldn't be getting so hostile with each other. We're all enthusiast and everybody has different levels of knowledge here. If you want to run a BOV, go for it! I have a VTA on my WRX which is a MAF car. This entire debate was started because @Boomba Racing was lying to people that it was 100% safe. Even going so far as to spread doctored data to support their lie.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
from a pro,
Honda Civic 10th gen Blow Off Valve - Boomba Racing upload_2017-8-31_8-54-42

ryanfk7

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ‘17 Hatch EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
from a pro,
upload_2017-8-31_8-54-42.png
I said I was done but, dude seriously? Why do you keep coming back to this? Why won’t you just drop it. Let the people do what they want and go find another thread to troll. If they want it, let them have fun instead of ruining their days. I’m convinced people like you are the reason Boomba is staying away from this site as much anymore.

SkyeHack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I said I was done but, dude seriously? Why do you keep coming back to this? Why won’t you just drop it. Let the people do what they want and go find another thread to troll. If they want it, let them have fun instead of ruining their days. I’m convinced people like you are the reason Boomba is staying away from this site as much anymore.
Boomba is not replying because they have no ground to stand on. They made a half assed video showing their BOV on their dyno under partial acceleration. Everyone knows damn well that a lot of civic owner's (especially those that tune their cars) will go WOT on the street. They decided not to test WOT (I wonder why *sarcasm*). When we pointed that out, they decided to disable the comments on all their videos showcasing this BOV and no longer partaking in discussion of the topic.

Boomba's Quote:
There's been a lot discussion since we have released our BOV if the piece makes your car run rich or not. In this video we decide to show everyone what happens. The results are in, and this piece is perfectly safe to run! We performed simulated street driving under partial acceleration runs and shifting to see what happens when you let off the gas and shift when running our Vent To Atmosphere BOV.
They are advertising that it is safe to run when it is NOT. That is the problem a lot of people are having. It's not about ruining their days, it's about informing people of the truth so they don't make mistakes.

Kaspari

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe
Boomba Racing is very excited to bring you our Blow Off Valve for the Tenth Generation Civic!

Available here: http://www.boombaracing.com/2016-honda-civic-blow-off-valve-1-5-turbo/

Installation guide: http://www.boombaracing.com/content/CIVIC X - BLOW OFF VALVE MANUAL.pdf

--------------------------------ORIGINAL POST-------------------------------------

We are nearing completion of our plug-and-play Blow Off Valve!

This piece will be full vent-to-atmosphere (VTA) giving you that signature turbocharged sound.

More info and sound clips to follow in the coming days!

31271992610_b9d27de201_b.jpg

30834375123_ddcde3f5db_b.jpg
I installed the boomba BOV on my tuned Civic and it made NO noise at all. But when tuning it to Stage 2 with 21psi boost I had problems with the turbo blowing out the spark. My mechanic gapped down the plugs and the problem went away. I guess my question is, will the boomba BOV cause spark blow out at higher boosts?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its not trolling when Im posting facts, sorry you don't like that. The facebook post above is from a professional tuner who tunes and builds race cars for a living. And more often than not, when I or anyone else here has told someone the facts about the BOV, they have removed it or decided against buying. So no I wont stop posting here. Im now thoroughly convinced that you are butthurt about it, and know its bad but wont admit it because you think you can prove me wrong. I mean, I admit, I wanted the cool ricer sound, I even bought it and installed it. Then I noticed how it was affecting my car, and then I learned why you dont put one on a MAF car and I removed. I made the mistake, lesson learned.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Its not trolling when Im posting facts, sorry you don't like that. The facebook post above is from a professional tuner who tunes and builds race cars for a living. And more often than not, when I or anyone else here has told someone the facts about the BOV, they have removed it or decided against buying. So no I wont stop posting here. Im now thoroughly convinced that you are butthurt about it, and know its bad but wont admit it because you think you can prove me wrong. I mean, I admit, I wanted the cool ricer sound, I even bought it and installed it. Then I noticed how it was affecting my car, and then I learned why you dont put one on a MAF car and I removed. I made the mistake, lesson learned.
Glad I found this thread. Won't be buying a BOV anymore. Are these 10th gens venting through the intake system? Will getting an aftermarket cold air intake system make the turbo sounds louder?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.