Blind Spot/Convex Mirrors (Back in Stock)

ajsummers469

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
D1E60F4B-0D70-41E4-BD3F-48C4740D1AF5.jpeg
E52EB3B0-1120-4B72-82FE-83C0463E1F7A.jpeg

Received mine today and installed on my CTR(no heater or blinker). Works as described, looks fantastic and the install was as simple as can be.
What was the install like? I just ordered these today

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed mine the other day. Literally 10 minutes. Here's the thread I referenced. Video how to remove the OEM mirror is on post 15 (and step 2 below)

1. Adjust the mirrors so they point fully inward. Just makes it easy access from the get-go
  2. Use a flathead screwdriver or plastic pry tool to separate the OEM mirror from the white plastic piece on the inside. (Video from Suma)
  3. Peel off the filler on the back of the Suma mirror
  4. Pop the Suma mirror in place. I tested that it actually was in place by gently pulling backward on the edges. Found out I needed to put a bit more oomph on the inboard sides.
  5. Repeat on the other side.
For kicks and giggles, my OEM vs Suma mirror comparison. Don't mind the dirtiness. It's been cleaned since then. lol
Honda Civic 10th gen Blind Spot/Convex Mirrors (Back in Stock) jlahrM3

kluo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback, 2014 Subaru Impreza, 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
Country flag
correct me if i'm wrong but the difference between these and the spoons are the spoons are taped on while these are a direct replacement right?

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's my understanding. I don' t know the curvature specs of the Spoon mirrors, so that may be a difference, too

edit: just googled it. Spoon mirrors seem to be a bit curvier than the Suma mirrors. Spoon: R900, Suma: R1000

kluo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's my understanding. I don' t know the curvature specs of the Spoon mirrors, so that may be a difference, too

edit: just googled it. Spoon mirrors seem to be a bit curvier than the Suma mirrors. Spoon: R900, Suma: R1000
yeah, they're off by about 100 from what ive seem to gather from researching. how are you enjoying yours?

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Couldn't be happier. Got used to the convex driver's side really fast. Admittedly was hella weird at first. The blue color isn't nearly as blue in the day time as it was when it was sitting on my desk. No visibility issues at night; it just make it seem like everyone has HID/LED lights, strictly based on color. These mirrors killed off virtually any blind spots I had, pretty much makes my convex broadway mirror unnecessary. I may have a slight blind spot on my rear driver's side, but it's a split second when a small car leaves my left peripheral vision and enters the edge of my side view mirror. It may also be how I have it adjusted, but it's just personally weird if I don't have my front driver door handle barely in view when I turn my head to look directly at the mirror. Passenger side has zero blind spot, even when pulling up next to a little ass Fiat 500

kluo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Couldn't be happier. Got used to the convex driver's side really fast. Admittedly was hella weird at first. The blue color isn't nearly as blue in the day time as it was when it was sitting on my desk. No visibility issues at night; it just make it seem like everyone has HID/LED lights, strictly based on color. These mirrors killed off virtually any blind spots I had, pretty much makes my convex broadway mirror unnecessary. I may have a slight blind spot on my rear driver's side, but it's a split second when a small car leaves my left peripheral vision and enters the edge of my side view mirror. It may also be how I have it adjusted, but it's just personally weird if I don't have my front driver door handle barely in view when I turn my head to look directly at the mirror. Passenger side has zero blind spot, even when pulling up next to a little ass Fiat 500
this has me sold then. I had similar mirrors on my toyota mr-s a while back and loved it.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It didn't take long for me to get them, either. Ordered the Thursday the 1st. They shipped out Friday the 2nd. Showed up in my mailbox Monday the 5th and installed the same day. Literally took 10 minutes. Maybe 15 because I was taking DIY guide photos for another forum I'm an admin on. Figured there were enough DIY posts here. lol

mnksauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2005 RSX Type S
Country flag
Didn't discover this thread until now. Will be keeping an eye out on another sale.

I looked around a bit, but the US CTR's have heated side mirrors, right?

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
wtf i just bought these and only got 10% off between the launch discount and this discount. took pics to do a review and everything.

fc two

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
integra gsr integra ls civic's
Country flag
I barely just turn my head with these mirrors lol

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
I have the spoon mirrors on my car. They are just on top of my other mirrors. They definitely help with not getting blinded. I have the rearview as well, that helps most.
You must like turtles
Sponsored