SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I bled the clutch line and slave cylinder today using the two person method. I didn’t know I needed to do this when I bled the brakes 5k miles ago, so I decided to do this today.

Pumped the clutch 5 times and held it down, then had another person crack the valve.

Kept the pedal held to the floor, had the other person close the valve, then let go of the clutch.

The clutch pedal stuck to the floor and I said “oh f***”

After thinking about it for a minute I pulled the clutch out and it popped right out. It still felt normal so I did it again maybe 12-15 more times, putting more DOT 3 in the reservoir every 3 or 4 times.

Clutch pedal feels fine, maybe a bit tighter than it was before, idk?

Is the pedal supposed to stick to the floor after closing the valve? Is it the CDV that does this? Did I do this correctly?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SDAlexander8

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nobody who has installed the SS braided line or yanked the Clutch delay valve knows if I did this correctly?

SVO_SVT_ST_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, CB300F
Country flag
I know this doesn't exactly answer your first question, but I recall reading that it's recommended to use vacuum or pressure bleeding for the clutch system rather than the manual method often used for brakes. Either way, the sticking pedal is expected when releasing the valve with a depressed clutch. The throughout bearing / pressure plate is no longer engaged to return it once you crack the line open and lose hydraulic pressure.

I wouldn't be worried so long you're certain the valve was closed each time before pulling the pedal back up. If you goofed and there was air in the line you'd know almost instantly from a soft or stuck pedal after everything is buttoned up again and readjusted.

OP
OP
SDAlexander8

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know this doesn't exactly answer your first question, but I recall reading that it's recommended to use vacuum or pressure bleeding for the clutch system rather than the manual method often used for brakes. Either way, the sticking pedal is expected when releasing the valve with a depressed clutch. The throughout bearing / pressure plate is no longer engaged to return it once you crack the line open and lose hydraulic pressure.

I wouldn't be worried so long you're certain the valve was closed each time before pulling the pedal back up. If you goofed and there was air in the line you'd know almost instantly from a soft or stuck pedal after everything is buttoned up again and readjusted.
Pedal feels good. I’m not too worried about it. Although, I might get one of those pressure bleeders next time. They seem pretty nice.
Thanks for the input.
Sponsored