akie

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic RS Hatch 2015 Jazz RS
Country flag
Yes! We picked our RS trim Sonic Gray a few days ago and noticed the same thing on the rear right door, it appears that thr rubber window seal isn't covering the piano black trim as it's peeling on the edge. Wonder if this can be remedied on warranty.
Sponsored

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Went to the dealership yesterday and was brought directly to the service manager. I pointed out the peeling on the trim on all four doors and the gap right above the grille that is hopefully just bad clips. They are going to replace the trim pieces with new ones once they come in. They also will take apart the front grille and bumper to see what's causing the gap and replace any clips on my appointment next week. So far, only good experience and quick turn around at this service center.
I am having the same issues as yourself. Will they be giving you a loaner car until they fix your issue?

hydramirage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am having the same issues as yourself. Will they be giving you a loaner car until they fix your issue?
I'll be dropping it off this Monday at the service center so they will do the trim then. No loaner but they are driving me back to my work place. I'll find out what the situation is with the bumper and grill gap during that time period as well. I'll keep all you guys updated as to what happens. Honestly though, it's been pretty painless so far. Just annoying for all these little cosmetic defects that shouldn't be there from the get go.

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
I'll be dropping it off this Monday at the service center so they will do the trim then. No loaner but they are driving me back to my work place. I'll find out what the situation is with the bumper and grill gap during that time period as well. I'll keep all you guys updated as to what happens. Honestly though, it's been pretty painless so far. Just annoying for all these little cosmetic defects that shouldn't be there from the get go.
Definitely keep us posted man

hydramirage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Back home from the service center. They replaced the all four door's window trim so that took care of the peeling issue.

As for the gap, well, unfortunately there was nothing they can do as even the service manager was working alongside the tech working on my car. They removed the entire bumper and disassembled the grill from it as well and yup, bad design for the clips on the grill and bumper. The clips are razor thin and easy to break on the top part of the bumper. They even replaced the grill with a new one and no go, gap was still there. He says pretty much the only way until Honda fixes the design flaw is to get an entire new bumper. I figured this would be the case as I read about the crappy clips and design issue of the bumper here on the boards. So I'm holding off until corporate hopefully does something with the crap clips on the bumper, which unfortunately aren't a separate piece. But hey, I got a new grill out it it I guess. Now I'm going to see if I can find some black rubber lining to fill the gap in the meanwhile.

Chupacabra519

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB Sport (ABM)
Country flag
Noticed this on mine as well on all 4 doors - from what I can see on mine, some spots look like the vinyl wrap that lifted/bubbled on the trim is actually stuck to the weatherstripping that buts up against it. Having it looked at next Tuesday, as well as my front grill and a possible warped rotor on the front.

I'm keeping a log of these small fit & finish issues on my civic - thankfully no major issues on the car, and as long as it gets repaired under warranty, so I'm not letting it bother me too much. Better to pay attention to the issues threads other members are reporting so I can get anything that affects my ride repaired while it's still out of Honda's pocket.

akie

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Noticed this on mine as well on all 4 doors - from what I can see on mine, some spots look like the vinyl wrap that lifted/bubbled on the trim is actually stuck to the weatherstripping that buts up against it. Having it looked at next Tuesday, as well as my front grill and a possible warped rotor on the front.

I'm keeping a log of these small fit & finish issues on my civic - thankfully no major issues on the car, and as long as it gets repaired under warranty, so I'm not letting it bother me too much. Better to pay attention to the issues threads other members are reporting so I can get anything that affects my ride repaired while it's still out of Honda's pocket.
Keep us posted. I'll have a talk to the service dept when I take our Jazz RS in for a warranty job on the starter motor.

Chupacabra519

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Getting all 4 trim pieces replaced on my car - they'll call me once parts come in. Also getting the front black grill replaced to hopefully address the "coming apart" issue I, as well as others are experiencing.

akie

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Getting all 4 trim pieces replaced on my car - they'll call me once parts come in. Also getting the front black grill replaced to hopefully address the "coming apart" issue I, as well as others are experiencing.
Took mine in today and they have ordered what I think is the whole trim strip, I'll keep you all posted.

hydensiq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
huh... interesting. I thought they'd just a whole different black piece not wrap over the chrome.

Joshluvsla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sports Touring Hatchback
I'm experiencing the same issues on my 2017 sports touring hatchback. Passenger doors

Honda Civic 10th gen Black window trim on hatchbacks peeling 20170828_090242

Chupacabra519

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't get it. Do other manufacturers vinyl-wrap these components as well? Or was it just Honda's way of blacking-out the chrome trim on the cheap? I've never seen such a thing done on any cars I've owned.
Sponsored