Black plastic on rear of car. What can be done?

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
I know basically everyone hates the giant black plastic pieces on the back of the Civic. Had anyone done anything different with them?
Sponsored

davidpeab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
If you are talking about those "honeycomb" panels, I saw someone here cut them out and exposed the hideous looking body and frame components underneath. I suppose you could cover them with some sort of wrap. My car is black so that are not as obtrusive as those on cars with a lighter color. You might try paining them to match the rest of the rear end. They do look kind of gimmicky and have a limited life for being in style.

OP
OP
H3llsp4wn707

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
Honestly they dont bother me all that much. I know alot of people here really dislike them though so i was just curious what some people were doing to change them up

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
don't have the big black trim pieces no mo. but when i had them i, always wondered what to do with them every time i looked at them. never had an answer for that. until now. two fake or real if you want, parachutes. somewhat kidding, somewhat not.

edit. these trim pieces never really bothered me other than being fake.

Last edited:

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
In my opinion this is the portion of the design on this generation where Honda dropped the ball. The rest of the car looks great even the ones in the front dont bother me as much but the ones on the back bumper of the Sedan look hideous obviously it wasnt enough of a dislike to make me not get the car I still got it but damn it would have looked so much better without them. Its actually why I love the look of the coupe so much more but coupe was not an option for me since I am a parent now and figured getting a baby in and out of a car seat in the back seat was going to be too much of a pain in a coupe vs a sedan.

As much as I wish the Sedan did not have them I am not about to do a hack job on the bumper of a brand new car.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here you go man!
These are all the options iv found regarding the fake vents. Not too much of an issue for me since my car is black and everything kinda blends.
The Top1 motor vents look good and may do that in the future, but its not a priority rn. I know for a fact the Vents fit on a normal Hatchback (some dude had em on in a wheel and tire post). So as long as the SI Sedan has the same size vents in the rear i would imagine they fit as well.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/diy-rear-bumper-fake-vent-conversion.14370/
https://toponemotors.com/fk8-honda-civic-type-r-2017.html

Yal

New to the brand
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Local guy with a nicely modded hatch back has replacement panels that have big round holes. I haven’t gotten close to it, always going somewhere when I see him, so it might look like crap close up.

Yal

New to the brand
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I like that. I’m too lazy to search, so link?