Black emblems

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had previously PlastiDipped my emblems, but I kept having an issue with the rear emblem bubbling:
Honda Civic 10th gen Black emblems IMG_1800.JPG

I really wanted the black chrome emblems, but couldn't justify the price. I ended up ordering these from eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4DOOR-2016...-FOR-HONDA-10TH-GEN-CIVIC-SEDAN-/192669995510

Here's what they looked like when I got them:
Honda Civic 10th gen Black emblems IMG_1795 - Copy.JPG

I was very impressed and while they weren't black chrome, I thought they were perfect.

Here's the stock emblem on the left and the black emblem on the right:
Honda Civic 10th gen Black emblems WQUJ4096 - Copy.JPG

And here's the stock rear emblem compared to the black emblem:
Honda Civic 10th gen Black emblems VTDD9213 - Copy.JPG

Overall, I'm really glad I removed the PlastiDip and went with actual black emblems.

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag
The black chrome are so much better. I had the plastic at first, I got mine for 90 plus like 8 for shipping. Then I plasti dipped just the chrome part of my SI logo

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
H
The black chrome are so much better. I had the plastic at first, I got mine for 90 plus like 8 for shipping. Then I plasti dipped just the chrome part of my SI logo
how does the Si look?

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That does look a lot better than Plasti-dipped, but I can tell you the reason you're having issues.

There is moisture behind the H part of the emblem when you're spraying. If you ever try to dip them again, clean the surface with wax/grease remover by spraying it on a rag then wipe down the emblem. Never spray a liquid directly on anything you're about to paint. Then take a hair dryer or heat gun and warm that emblem up pretty good to evaporate any moisture. This is very common when people dip wheels too, they don't allow the center caps to dry completely before they spray.

Another possibility is spraying too heavy of a coat and/or not waiting for the previous coat to completely dry. Your surface texture looks pretty good, so I'm going to say you sprayed the dip fine.

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag
Do you have the link for these specific ones?

Thanks
The SI logo is just plasti dipped on the chrome portion. The emblems I got from rakuten, I have the link on my phone. I am at work and no cell phones are allowed in my building

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag
Do you also have the black chrome emblem on the front? If you do, do you happen to have a picture of it on your car? TIA
I do not. It's going on a new grille. I have a black plastic one on the current grille. My girlfriend has a black plasti dipped on hers. It's going to look good I can tell you that. But I had to buy 2 grilles, as the first one did not have holes that align to the stock emblem

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
Where did you purchase these black chrome "H" Emblem?
I am considering replacing both of mine (Front and Back) on my PMM Hatchback. Do you have any instructions w/pics on the replacement?

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag