Bigger wheels for your Civic? What is the Max you would go?

SPEEDANDTECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accords
I was looking at Tirerack and saw some sweet 20s. You guys think that's too big for the Civic?
Should I stick to 18s or 19s?
Also anyone make springs for the car yet?

Tia!

RJ
Sponsored

HondaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I would stay away from the 20's! If you went to those, you would have to go to lower profile tires, which would sacrifice the ride quality!

I would go with a maximum of 18's!

civvie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
20 inch would be too big I think. Besides possibly looking too big, they'd degrade performance by adding unsprung weight ride.

Ride quality would also suffer because like HondaMan said you'd have to use some pretty low profile tires with 20 inch wheels to keep the same rolling diameter as the factory wheel+tires (so you don't throw the speedometer or traction control off).

Ten10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
In case you missed it in the other thread, the 18's look just about perfect to me.

Honda Civic 10th gen Bigger wheels for your Civic? What is the Max you would go? {filename}

There's not a ton of room above that. If you still want bigger I'd go no bigger than 19's otherwise as others have said not only will it look bad but it will ride poorly too.

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's my car, and no it's not dropped. Frankly, this car is low enough, I'm not dropping it just for looks.

Even 19s will make the car ride terribly, 18s will make the car ride firm but manageable. 20s are a definite no, the tires would go way out of spec and possibly mess with the different sensing systems in the car. Not to mention 20s are way too big for the body size of the civic, it would look like a donk.

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Civic10, what tires you running? Lots of wheel poke with those.

If you decide to go with 19s, let us know how they ride.:thumbsup:

civic10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Civic10, what tires you running? Lots of wheel poke with those.

If you decide to go with 19s, let us know how they ride.:thumbsup:[/QUOT

19x9" with 38mm offset with 245/35/19" Tires ... Rears are flush with fenders... the Fronts stick out but O.K.
Give the car that aggressive look.... More Pictures and Feedbacks are coming this weekend.

Attachments

sunny786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda CRV
I would like to have this kind of 19" wheel design on my EX-T

Honda Civic 10th gen Bigger wheels for your Civic? What is the Max you would go? ima
Honda Civic 10th gen Bigger wheels for your Civic? What is the Max you would go? ima

10GCivicSi_Vs_5GPrelude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Honda Prelude
I've been experimenting with different 18s and 19s at my wheel shop... I think I will settle with these 19x9" Deep Concave Curva wheels.
Honda Civic 10th gen Bigger wheels for your Civic? What is the Max you would go? {filename}
Those look great! Best wheels I've seen on this entire forum :)... I mean the Deep Concave Curva wheels - I don't know how my reply ended up way down here!

civic10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Those look great! Best wheels I've seen on this entire forum :)... I mean the Deep Concave Curva wheels - I don't know how my reply ended up way down here!
Thanks... The weight is also a major Factor to make the final decision... For 19s they are fairly light... Around 24Lbs

Attachments

civic10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Thanks... The weight is also a major Factor to make the final decision... For 19s they are fairly light... Around 24Lbs
After lots of Calculations and Test Fits with different set ups... Finally Done with the Installation...
Custom ordered Light Weight 19x9" / Deep Concave Curva C10s with 245/35/19"
What do you guys Think?

Honda Civic 10th gen Bigger wheels for your Civic? What is the Max you would go? IMG_7054.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bigger wheels for your Civic? What is the Max you would go? IMG_7078.JPG