Better Remote Start Capability on HB ST

Sandman210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Hello Guys/Gals,

I have a 2017 Civic HB ST which included the remote start key fob/capability.

The only thing is its not the best..the range leaves much to be desired and there is no feed back that the car started unless you physically look at the car.

Is there a way to enhance the remote start capability? I would prefer not to install another remote starter i.e. Viper since the car comes with it stock but wanted to get other thoughts.

Thanks,
Sponsored

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think you can add beeps in the settings on the infotainment.

As for the range, how far are you trying to start it from? I haven't had issues starting it from inside my house even if I park across the street and I can get it going from across the parking lot at work which I'm guessing it around 200-250 ft away.

OP
OP

Sandman210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Just from my apartment, its on the other side of the parking lot. Sometimes it starts other times I go out and it has not been started. The beeps may not help when I am in the aparment but I'll give that a go. I was hoping for some visual feedback on the remote itself like they have on the Viper remote start appliances.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Old school trick..... Hold the remote to your chin to increase its range.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
there is no way to add feedback to the stock remote, just gotta learn how close you need to be to fire it off. It's funny that I can't remote start from the basement of the house that is 40-50 feet away from where the car is parked but when I'm in town eating at a restaurant or walking out of Walmart I can remote start from double that distance, ultimately it comes down to how thick and what the walls between you and the car are made of. You can try walking to the window in your apartment nearest where the car is parked, glass blocks less signal.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Old school trick..... Hold the remote to your chin to increase its range.
Never had much luck with the Chin, now mouth open pointed at your cheek, that one works much better, at least on my older cars, I've never needed to try silly gimmicks like that on this car, the second I'm outside of an building it will work.
Sponsored