Best wax opinions?

Bhartz412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
This is Meguiars Ultimate Liquid + Meguiars Gold Class Carnuba, I think it works great but just looking for other opinions, especially from other rallye red owners! Let me know

Honda Civic 10th gen Best wax opinions? 8E6FC46C-8B63-4B1C-839D-F77FDCEA8059

Honda Civic 10th gen Best wax opinions? D4FC9391-ADCC-490F-B289-469F4FED95C5

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good. There are so many choices and honestly there are tons of quality waxes out there. The main thing is you're keeping it protected. The shine is just a great side benefit. ;)

I'm old school and have always preferred a paste wax that's either pure carnauba or a carnauba/synthetic blend. One of my favorites is Collinite 476S. It gives a nice shine, is relatively cheap and lasts a long time.

https://www.amazon.com/Collinite-476s-Super-Doublecoat-Fluid_Ounces/dp/B002P3ZO2E/

My car with the wax...

Honda Civic 10th gen Best wax opinions? wash3

OP
OP

Bhartz412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
Looks good. There are so many choices and honestly there are tons of quality waxes out there. The main thing is you're keeping it protected. The shine is just a great side benefit. ;)

I'm old school and have always preferred a paste wax that's either pure carnauba or a carnauba/synthetic blend. One of my favorites is Collinite 476S. It gives a nice shine, is relatively cheap and lasts a long time.

https://www.amazon.com/Collinite-476s-Super-Doublecoat-Fluid_Ounces/dp/B002P3ZO2E/

My car with the wax...

wash3.jpg
Just realized i didn't add the second picture, New edit, but dang yeah like a black mirror. Carnuba works so nice but it is a bit harder to apply and take off imo

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
This is Meguiars Ultimate Liquid + Meguiars Gold Class Carnuba, I think it works great but just looking for other opinions, especially from other rallye red owners! Let me know

8E6FC46C-8B63-4B1C-839D-F77FDCEA8059.jpeg

D4FC9391-ADCC-490F-B289-469F4FED95C5.jpeg
It looks great don’t know if you guys get hit with the love bugs like we do on the gulf coast but the Meguiar liquid gold holds up very well against them

OP
OP

Bhartz412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
It looks great don’t know if you guys get hit with the love bugs like we do on the gulf coast but the Meguiar liquid gold holds up very well against them
Not as much those bugs, but bugs in general + a crap ton of pollen for sure though, really dulls the paint

tonsofguns

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2019 Civic EX, 2015 Tundra
Country flag
so you're using two waxes? I'm looking for a new wax. I've used chemical guys blacklight for years because I've kept black vehicles, but went with another color for this car. I usually end with jescar power lock, but I'm a little skeptical on the benefits of using two waxes before a sealant. Or am I confused and that's not two waxes?

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
I just did a careful application of the fairly new Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic spray. I did it as a spray on dry and buff as most of the pro detailers found that to be a far better method than the instructions.

Needless to say, I am VERY impressed. The level of black inkyness on my car is outrageous. I have used Turtle wax Black, Hydro Silex Recharge and just plain old Turtle Wax and this new Meguiars is just the best result I have had so far. I am sure there is a degree of impact from the paint color of your car but if this stuff holds up well over the next few months, there is no question that it will be my goto until something better happens to come along.

If you do try it and try the dry application route, be sparing and only work sections at a time. If you go too far, you can spray water on it and cut it down some and continue to buff it out.

Civic_Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why not just use a Ceramic Coating. After buffing/polishing your paint you get it locked in for 2 years with the DIY stuff.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why not just use a Ceramic Coating. After buffing/polishing your paint you get it locked in for 2 years with the DIY stuff.
Ceramic coatings and paint films protect the original clear coat and paint. That is it. They still require regular maintenance and are still subject to oxidation and damage that takes away from the shine of the car. If it was just about protection... But it isn't. Appearance is as high up the list.

Also, a proper ceramic coating is not at all cheap. The application is only as good as the preparation steps and the environment it is done in. Poor surface preparation or the lack of an enclosed space will simply lock in whatever mistakes or foreign material you didn't clean off or stop from invading your process. The cost is not the plastic or the ceramic coating material but all the time it takes to fully denude your car of coatings and completely decontaminate it. It could also mean a need for paint correction if you don't have it done as soon as you take delivery of the car in a brand new state.

Civic_Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ceramic coatings and paint films protect the original clear coat and paint. That is it. They still require regular maintenance and are still subject to oxidation and damage that takes away from the shine of the car. If it was just about protection... But it isn't. Appearance is as high up the list.

Also, a proper ceramic coating is not at all cheap. The application is only as good as the preparation steps and the environment it is done in. Poor surface preparation or the lack of an enclosed space will simply lock in whatever mistakes or foreign material you didn't clean off or stop from invading your process. The cost is not the plastic or the ceramic coating material but all the time it takes to fully denude your car of coatings and completely decontaminate it. It could also mean a need for paint correction if you don't have it done as soon as you take delivery of the car in a brand new state.
Understood. I just cant see myself having to wax on wax off every 3-4 months.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Understood. I just cant see myself having to wax on wax off every 3-4 months.
It isn't for everyone. I actually enjoy doing it so it is not a chore as such. I also have the time and space to do it in. I get it that this is not the case for everyone and they may be willing to start with the option that gives the longest run of awesome looks and protection between clean and wax/protection sessions.

OP
OP

Bhartz412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
so you're using two waxes? I'm looking for a new wax. I've used chemical guys blacklight for years because I've kept black vehicles, but went with another color for this car. I usually end with jescar power lock, but I'm a little skeptical on the benefits of using two waxes before a sealant. Or am I confused and that's not two waxes?
I've read somewhere that using a liquid followed by a carnuba provides good results and kinda gives you the best of both worlds, its worked for me so far but I'm gonna keep trying it and see if it works

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
I've read somewhere that using a liquid followed by a carnuba provides good results and kinda gives you the best of both worlds, its worked for me so far but I'm gonna keep trying it and see if it works
Do you have problems with static? I’ve stopped using carnuba as I get way to much static electricity, the next day there’s always a thin layer of dust sticking to it.

OP
OP

Bhartz412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
Do you have problems with static? I’ve stopped using carnuba as I get way to much static electricity, the next day there’s always a thin layer of dust sticking to it.
I've never noticed honestly, I may have and just didn't realize it I'll have to keep a look out next time i apply some

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag

My car with the wax...

wash3.jpg
What app do you use the blur your plate ?
Sponsored