EricSi

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I’m looking to upgrade performance for my Civic Si but have no idea what I should start with, any ideas ?
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
1. ktuner $449
2. prl cobra race maf $499 plus installation
3. downpipe $349 plus installation
4. flex fuel $499
5. You will need a clutch shortly after 4 $800-$1600
Roughly $3000 not including labor if you do it yourself. Just start with a Ktuner and for most people that would satisfy their need for extra performance

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The general consensus seems to be as follows:

1. Tires - best improvement bang for your buck, but tied (imho) with the...

1. Ktuner - arguably provides most bang for your buck as well in terms of power gains. The dynos seem to show 30hp/50ftlb gains even with a modest tune and no other upgrades

2. Intake, frontpipe, downpipe - allows your engine and turbo to breath mo better, this combo seems to add ~20hp/20ftlb from what i remember, without a tune. With your ktuner you can get a custom tune, or there are different stage tunes as well that account for these mods

3. Rear sway bar - improves your handling performance

4. Springs/dampeners - this is a tough one, Im not sure if there are too many (or any) aftermarket solutions that work with the normal/sport mode button. However i went with the hfp option.

5. Flex fuel kit - if you really want to squeeze every ounce of power out of this engine a flex fuel kit will allow you to play with the ethanol blended fuels.

6. Bigger turbo - there are some aftermarket turbos out there that have shown to achieve some big ppowe gains

7. LS swap - I mean, why not?

GerardV

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe (Aegean Blue)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This means I'm doing it right - I have a KTurner, PRL CAI, Downpipe/Frontpipe and lava blanket on the way from PRL. This is the first time I'm going to tune a relatively new car (19K) and can't wait!

Oh and a Cusco strut brace.

Vilex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Si, 2012 Honda Fit, 2008 Ridgeline
Country flag
A great starting point is Ktuner w TSP Stage 1 tune and a PRL Cobra intake.
X2 on this. I'm pleasantly surprised with prl intake and tsp stage 1.

Id say do that, then finish off with bolt ons. Front pipe, downpipe. Do exhaust last since it's just a minimal gain at this point. I've seen people with full bolt ons and stock clutch but every result is different and how you drive the car. If it's not enough, then I'd go with flex fuel.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I’m confused on intakes, I read a lot of information that the power gains are very minimal your just paying for sound? A lot of people say don’t waste your money on an intake?

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Summer tires
27 won CAI
Ktuner

if you need more power after that follow what the others have done....those are the upgrades ill be doing to my car in April when i bring it out of the garage.
Sponsored