First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex L
Country flag
Hey Helpful Honda Forum'ers!

Alright so, I have a 2016 Civic EX-L with 50k miles. (It is salvaged so no warranty or extended warranty), and my AC quit blowing cold air.
Took it to a local mechanic that said it happens all the time (which I had read online), and that Honda won't do anything for it even though it was their issue with these compressors.
So they recommended I have to get a new AC ompressor with clutch and coil which could cost anywhere from 1500-2000$.

Do I have any other options? Have you replaced yours? How much? Any helpful info would be appreciated since I really wouldn't want to spend that much and have a cheaper/comparable solution.
Sponsored

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Yes, don't fix it. Wear extra jacket if you are cold or roll down the windows if too hot.

OP
OP
obarmuscle

obarmuscle

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex L
Country flag
Very helpful answer... but why would I wear a jacket and not just turn on the heater?

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
Sorry english is not my native language. Anyway did you try to recharge the freon it easy to do.

Just search on youtube how to do it. All you need is a can of freon and a charging hose.

OP
OP
obarmuscle

obarmuscle

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex L
Country flag
Sorry english is not my native language. Anyway did you try to recharge the freon it easy to do.

Just search on youtube how to do it. All you need is a can of freon and a charging hose.
Yes, I've done that, but these Honda's have problem with the compressors and the Freon (expensive) just leaks out of the cracked parts.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Yes, I've done that, but these Honda's have problem with the compressors and the Freon (expensive) just leaks out of the cracked parts.
Not an issue with compressor we’ll maybe but there’s an issue with condenser. There’s a recall on the condenser take it to Honda then they’ll do a leak test, if it’s the condenser they’ll replace it for free.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Best is to ask to a specialized A/C shop if you local mechanic do general mechanic.

OP
OP
obarmuscle

obarmuscle

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex L
Country flag
Okay, I'll browse around town to see if there are any specialized A/C shops. Thanks for that idea.

OP
OP
obarmuscle

obarmuscle

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex L
Country flag
Not an issue with compressor we’ll maybe but there’s an issue with condenser. There’s a recall on the condenser take it to Honda then they’ll do a leak test, if it’s the condenser they’ll replace it for free.
They won't do anything for free since it's salvage title, and they already don't like accepting this as their fault.
Sponsored