iqbad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R 2018, Audi TT-RS 2010 400hp, Audi A6 3.0 TFSI 400hp
Country flag
I don’t like having the oil cooler in front of the radiator, that will decrease the cooling capacity of the radiator that we know is already on the limit. I saw that USR mounted a wide but short setrab oil cooler in front of the bottom part of the intercooler. I think this is a better solution since aftermarket intercoolers are more than sufficient to cool down the compressed air. A small loss in efficiency here will not be noticed. This could be a good solution if you want to keep your radar and increase your cooling capacity.

I will probably build something similar for my car. If this proves not to be enough, I am planning to use the rear window washer pump and spray coolers with water during track use (controlled from some micro controller). The you can just refill after each session.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
another one I am looking at is sirimotor.

They have a front mount:

ctr-2-jpg.jpg
FYI the last time I looked the numbers they publish are for the 1.5 T, and to me they look just slightly better. Add the Type-r in the mix and ...

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
When is the TR OIL cooler going to have a review? that oil cooler "looks" to be the best.

rajahdat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 nevermind
Country flag
I went with HKS before USR came out with thier offering. Fitment is perfect only downside is cutting the fender liner. Main reasoning for me going to HKS was they offered ducting and did not remove the brake cooling duct. There are many options out now so choose wisely and what you plan to do with you car. Good luck

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went with HKS before USR came out with thier offering. Fitment is perfect only downside is cutting the fender liner. Main reasoning for me going to HKS was they offered ducting and did not remove the brake cooling duct. There are many options out now so choose wisely and what you plan to do with you car. Good luck
with as many options as there are would you have done it any differently?
what would you use if you got to buy now rather then earlier?
Sponsored