xsolrac12

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
In the process of getting new wheels, and I just need some help with choosing the best lug nuts for around $100 or under, with locks preferably
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I forget what brand my regular lug nuts were, but I had a set of black steel lug nuts and Bull Lock wheel locks. There's now a combined set from Bull Lock that looks basically the same.

Just get steel and don't bother with aluminum or titanium. Steel is stronger and less likely to get damaged by an annoyed shop mechanic. There's better places to trim weight from the car anyway.

Overeazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch *Sold*
Country flag
I picked up a used set of these they just needed to be cleaned. They are durable I've used an impact wrench to take them off and on several times and they aren't scratched up or anything. Just make sure you get the right type for your wheels, the Honda wheels need the ball seats.

Gorilla Automotive 71633NBC "The System" Acorn Black Chrome Wheel Locks (12mm x 1.50 Thread Size) - For 5 Lug Wheels https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00280CSF0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_l3-3CbYNV99JJ

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Just make sure you get the right type for your wheels, the Honda wheels need the ball seats.
100% correct, but just so there's no misunderstanding --

Honda wheels use ball seat lug nuts, which are rounded where they press into the wheel.

Most aftermarket wheels use "cone seat", or "tapered", lug nuts.

DO NOT MIX THESE UP. There's a lot of force going into these twenty little surfaces, and you don't want the wrong shape of nut to damage the wheel.
Sponsored