Best Intake To Install?

LoganP

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R #2338 (SOLD) - 2020 Honda Civic Type-R #XXXX (In Production)
Country flag
I recently did a bit of looking around & decided to purchase the aFe Takeda intake, but just received an email that they're out of stock until 8/27.

I'm quite impatient & simply can't wait that long :thumbsdown:

I'm now looking to spend my money elsewhere - which intake would be the most beneficial to install? I've heard great things about the Mishimoto intake, and also hear that PRL is developing one fairly soon. Injen is out of the picture due to the issues i've heard, don't feel like dealing with any of the extra trouble.

Also open to suggestions - Are there any better mods i could install for the ~$400 i'll be paying for an intake? Looking for the best performance gains here.

Thanks guys!
Sponsored

NinjamanCTR

Space Force Special Forces
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
Just wait for the AFE. Mishimoto's even worse with a September ETA.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Or wait for PRL to release theirs, at this point you'll be waiting for the best ones on the market to be in stock (PRL, Mishimoto, AFE). Unless you want to shell over $1000 for the Eventuri intake:rolleyes:

OP
OP
LoganP

LoganP

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R #2338 (SOLD) - 2020 Honda Civic Type-R #XXXX (In Production)
Country flag
Would i get better performance gains with shelling out a little extra for a PRL Downpipe? Quite tempted to just go with that option rather than waiting for the intake

NinjamanCTR

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
Would i get better performance gains with shelling out a little extra for a PRL Downpipe? Quite tempted to just go with that option rather than waiting for the intake
Honestly, your best bang for the buck modification is intercooler and Ktuner/Hondata if you're thinking performance. If you want sound and no go, remove the resonator from your stock exhaust.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Can't say for certain if gains for a downpipe would be better than intake.

IMO, your first mod should be an ECU reflash, the two most popular options out now are Hondata and KTuner. Each have their advantages/downsides and fanboys.

OP
OP
LoganP

LoganP

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can't say for certain if gains for a downpipe would be better than intake.

IMO, your first mod should be an ECU reflash, the two most popular options out now are Hondata and KTuner. Each have their advantages/downsides and fanboys.
I'm 100% going with a Hondata reflash - my only worry is Warranty. With this being a full Jailbreak/Reflash, i've heard that it will void the factory warrany. Even with this being the case, won't really stop me because gains.

I guess my question has now been narrowed down to:

1. Wait for the AFE intake
2. Purchase/install PRL Downpipe
3. Request a refund from AFE, put money towards Hondata reflash

NinjamanCTR

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm 100% going with a Hondata reflash - my only worry is Warranty. With this being a full Jailbreak/Reflash, i've heard that it will void the factory warrany. Even with this being the case, won't really stop me because gains.

I guess my question has now been narrowed down to:

1. Wait for the AFE intake
2. Purchase/install PRL Downpipe
3. Request a refund from AFE, put money towards Hondata reflash
#3 is a no brainer. The other stuff can wait.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
I recently did a bit of looking around & decided to purchase the aFe Takeda intake, but just received an email that they're out of stock until 8/27.

I'm quite impatient & simply can't wait that long :thumbsdown:

I'm now looking to spend my money elsewhere - which intake would be the most beneficial to install? I've heard great things about the Mishimoto intake, and also hear that PRL is developing one fairly soon. Injen is out of the picture due to the issues i've heard, don't feel like dealing with any of the extra trouble.

Also open to suggestions - Are there any better mods i could install for the ~$400 i'll be paying for an intake? Looking for the best performance gains here.

Thanks guys!

Interesting timing. I ordered the dry Takeda intake from AFE two days ago, called today and got the same answer as you (nice folks at AFE by the way). I did call procivic.com and they had two dry intakes on the shelf. I just ordered one....FYI, they are shipping from their east coast warehouse....

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went with an exhaust first because I was impatient and wanted to mod...then came the ecu modding and intakes and intercoolers. I now have ktuner and love it...imo, don't bother with the intake right now...just get either ktuner or hondata then intercooler.

Maverick1

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
I went with an exhaust first because I was impatient and wanted to mod...then came the ecu modding and intakes and intercoolers. I now have ktuner and love it...imo, don't bother with the intake right now...just get either ktuner or hondata then intercooler.
If you go with the ktuner or hondata tune, does that automatically void the manufacturers warranty?
Sponsored