Best Drive Up Ramps For Getting Under The Car?

keatonS

2016 Civic EX-T 1.5L CVT
First Name
Keaton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T 1.5L CVT
Country flag
Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some ramps that work well with Civics... I know my civic is too damn low for the ramps we have, any good suggestions/links? Thanks!!
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The regular old ramps they sell at Walmart (Rhino?) work fine. The bumper clears it. I had my wife watch it the first time I drove it up to make sure it didn't rub and was very slow about it. I have an Si on stock rims. If there's a little variance between the cars, it may not work. You can also take borderline ramps and just take some scrap wood and make a little step in there to get the front end to nose up. The ramps won't work on my Z and I've done the wood trick with it, but my 9th and 10th gen Civic and RSXs were fine with the ramps you buy out in town. There are some low profile ramps sold off Amazon that cost a lot more but have less of a slope.

The ramps I bought were from several years ago... so if they changed, they may not work.

The boards I used was some scrap I had as mower ramps. Something like 1" thick 8" wide. They were ~10 feet long. I'd replaced the original boards and they were a little old and I didn't want to throw a mower on them anymore but felt fine driving on them when they were sitting on concrete.

Last edited:
First Name
SaĂŻd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Touring White Pearl
Country flag
Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some ramps that work well with Civics... I know my civic is too damn low for the ramps we have, any good suggestions/links? Thanks!!
Quickjack make some awesome products, but not the cheapest ones

Honda Civic 10th gen Best Drive Up Ramps For Getting Under The Car? Screenshot_20190302-123452_Chrome

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
could do what i had to do with my camaro jack the car up then slide the ramps under the tire :)

OP
OP
keatonS

keatonS

2016 Civic EX-T 1.5L CVT
First Name
Keaton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The regular old ramps they sell at Walmart (Rhino?) work fine. The bumper clears it. I had my wife watch it the first time I drove it up to make sure it didn't rub and was very slow about it. I have an Si on stock rims. If there's a little variance between the cars, it may not work. You can also take borderline ramps and just take some scrap wood and make a little step in there to get the front end to nose up. The ramps won't work on my Z and I've done the wood trick with it, but my 9th and 10th gen Civic and RSXs were fine with the ramps you buy out in town. There are some low profile ramps sold off Amazon that cost a lot more but have less of a slope.

The ramps I bought were from several years ago... so if they changed, they may not work.

The boards I used was some scrap I had as mower ramps. Something like 1" thick 8" wide. They were ~10 feet long. I'd replaced the original boards and they were a little old and I didn't want to throw a mower on them anymore but felt fine driving on them when they were sitting on concrete.
Thanks for the detailed reply! I was looking at the rhino ones, which i think would end up working fine for my case! thanks!

OP
OP
keatonS

keatonS

2016 Civic EX-T 1.5L CVT
First Name
Keaton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

curt d

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sport hatch, 06 Cobalt LS, 08 C6 Vette
Country flag
Do yourself a favor and avoid the cheap ramps. Go with race ramps or build your own out of 2x8s or 10s. You’ll have race ramps forever and they have zero bad reviews. The downside to building wood ramps is that they are heavy.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Drive Up Ramps For Getting Under The Car? IMG_1022.JPG

I use the wood ramps myself.
Just a 2x10 screwed together.
I'm lowered on a pro kit and there's just enough room to slide under for an oil change.
I'm only 125 pounds, so someone larger would probably need to add another step.

Snowwolfe

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 LX CVT sedan, blue. 2019 F250 Super Duty Lariat 2017 Ford Expedition
Country flag
Race ramps are awesome. Bought some when I owned Corvettes. Best part is once you get the front wheels on the ramp you can slide out the back part to make it easier to get under the side of the car.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IMG_1022.JPG

I use the wood ramps myself.
Just a 2x10 screwed together.
I'm lowered on a pro kit and there's just enough room to slide under for an oil change.
I'm only 125 pounds, so someone larger would probably need to add another step.
It's one of those things... if it works... it works.:thumbsup:

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also have the rhino ramps, work great, but there are these little pieces that hang down that need to come off first,three bolts. I think they are there for turbulence or aero dynamic issues or some crazy stuff. I have and ext coupe, dont know if all models have these or not.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Built these for $8. Home Depot cut them for me. Showed them a picture of what I wanted, took less than 15 minutes. Used 2x10’s and nailed them together.
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Drive Up Ramps For Getting Under The Car? eedd8931-8ce9-4bae-8f20-08f77e1f2bf6-jpe
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Drive Up Ramps For Getting Under The Car? 6e8dcfea-aec4-4bd9-889b-96998b036f86-jpe

c1vic

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2018 EX
Country flag
Race Ramps are pretty solid.

Rasy

First Name
Rasy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW #15337
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I posted this over in the FK8 section, but copying it here too. I was fortunate to be gifted a set of 67” XT Race Ramps. So I thought I’d share my thoughts and photos for those looking for alternatives to a hydraulic jack or car lift system. They make other ramps, but this model gives the most lift.

As 10th gen owners know, the front central jack point is difficult to reach without some assistance of some kind, i.e. two jacks. That can get old quick if you just want a quick look under the car.

- The width of the ramps themselves is 12”, the equivalent of ~305mm tires.

- Race Ramps’ claim to not slip in virtually all flat surfaces was true, super grippy surface to the ground and tires.

- Super lightweight, convenient for storage, the weight surprised me the most.

- 10” of lift is amazing clearance, plenty of room to do oil changes and other work.

- About 1” of clearance for the front lip (I’m at stock height). If you’re lowered, I’d look at their optional ramp extenders which changes the approach angle from 10.8 to 6.6 degrees.

- Paired it with their 12” wheel chocks, made from the same construction.

- Lower half of the ramp can be removed, very modular in case you need to access the side or middle.

- Plenty of room to allow jack stands, which I’ll always use as a safety net.

I still have two floor jacks and jack stands, but I’ll reserve them for longer term work. For quick jobs like oil changes, I’ll use the ramps, wheel chocks and jack stands.

In terms of long-term investment, it definitely seems to be there reading online. Some people had theirs for over a decade and the finish and quality seems like new. Made in U.S.

https://raceramps.com/car-ramps/garage-and-service-ramps/67-xt-race-ramps/

Honda Civic 10th gen Best Drive Up Ramps For Getting Under The Car? zMOz8sX

Honda Civic 10th gen Best Drive Up Ramps For Getting Under The Car? pTWUQYi

Honda Civic 10th gen Best Drive Up Ramps For Getting Under The Car? xMBRtvN

Honda Civic 10th gen Best Drive Up Ramps For Getting Under The Car? 5nLnWnq

Honda Civic 10th gen Best Drive Up Ramps For Getting Under The Car? hQemFnl

Honda Civic 10th gen Best Drive Up Ramps For Getting Under The Car? phhotVh

Last edited: