Best dealer in central NJ?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Hi,

Researching now and planning to purchase a 2018 LX sedan CVT later this summer. I live in Mercer County and would like to hear of folk's buying experiences with the Honda dealers within a 25 or so mile radius of my area?

Thanks
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
DCH in freehold tried to sell me a bunch of dealer addons and lowballed me on trade in offer, they insisted I had to buy floor mats, nitrogen filled tires, undercoating, and fabric protection, inflating the price from their email quote of 22k to 28k, and then were willing to negotiate down to 26k.

Honda in Toms River said floor mats were included, threw in a trunk liner, matched the 22k price, and offered me more than double for my trade.

Let me know if you want the name of the salesman I dealt with. He was great.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
DCH in freehold tried to sell me a bunch of dealer addons and lowballed me on trade in offer, they insisted I had to buy floor mats, nitrogen filled tires, undercoating, and fabric protection, inflating the price from their email quote of 22k to 28k, and then were willing to negotiate down to 26k.

Honda in Toms River said floor mats were included, threw in a trunk liner, matched the 22k price, and offered me more than double for my trade.

Thanks! Yes may I please have his name?

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
Just for clarification purposes there is no dch freehold honda. That's open road honda in freehold
Dch honda is located it old bridge about 15 mins north of freehold honda

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Just for clarification purposes there is no dch freehold honda. That's open road honda in freehold
Dch honda is located it old bridge about 15 mins north of freehold honda
My mistake, it was DCH Honda in Eatontown on route 36.

Honda Civic 10th gen Best dealer in central NJ? upload_2018-6-22_10-28-25

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
ahh yes eatontown not a fan of that dealer they always pull bs on people

GlassyIce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic
Country flag
I bought my car from DHC in Old Bridge and they were definitely much pushier with add-ons than Open Road in Edison, who I also talked with (but didn't have the trim level and color I was looking for).
They started at virtually MSRP but did come down when I told them the [not unreasonable] price Open Road quoted.

royson345

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Sedan
Country flag
Had 2 great experiences with Coast Honda in Sea Girt! Salesman was nice ans didnt try to sell me shit I didnt need. Good dealership!

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
got my ctr at coast honda at msrp very nice people.
i had pat as the salesman very nice guy he can talk all day tho haha

Last edited:

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
I bought my car from DHC in Old Bridge and they were definitely much pushier with add-ons than Open Road in Edison, who I also talked with (but didn't have the trim level and color I was looking for).
They started at virtually MSRP but did come down when I told them the [not unreasonable] price Open Road quoted.
my co worker went to buy an accord at open road honda edison. they agreed on a price and basically the deal was set car got insured just have to sign the final paper work and go. then the sales manager comes out and tells him they cant sell him the car at that price and told him a new number. he ended up cancelling the purchase and left. he went to old bridge for the same price. thats pretty shady practice.

royson345

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Sedan
Country flag
got my ctr at coast honda at msrp very nice people.
i had pat as the salesman very nice guy he can talk all day tho haha
White one? When I bought my SI last month a white Type R was going through the PDI process, they had it up on the lift.

Gary was my sales guy, Ive bought 2 cars from him and Coast Honda. Had a great experience!