Best dash cam under $100?

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
Hi everyone,

Anyone know of a good dash cam that has good quality?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Amazon has a $30 USD coupon applicable on this one.

http://a.co/eYS3GRB

I bought one a few weeks ago and have been very happy with it. I like that it's small and discrete. Seems well built. Video quality is fine.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got this very same dashcam. Only put an hour of video so far, and it's pretty decent quality for the price. I like the small size (all the photos on Amazon make it look much larger than it really is).

OP
OP
LeaveEarly

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
I just got this very same dashcam. Only put an hour of video so far, and it's pretty decent quality for the price. I like the small size (all the photos on Amazon make it look much larger than it really is).
Does it erase the photo age after the SD runs out of space or do you have to do it manually? Also would it take GPS info from Android auto or your phone? I heard there were people who use dash cams in claims and it also revealed their speed at the time as well.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does it erase the photo age after the SD runs out of space or do you have to do it manually? Also would it take GPS info from Android auto or your phone? I heard there were people who use dash cams in claims and it also revealed their speed at the time as well.
When the microSD card runs out of space, it will automatically erase the earlier recordings to make room - no need to manually delete. It doesn't have smart phone connectivity. There is an input on the dashcam for a GPS, but Aukey doesn't appear to have any kind of GPS add-on for it yet. If I need to have GPS location data to connect to a recorded video, I can just take a photo with my phone of the location, since it will embed the GPS data on that.

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
Might not be the best, but 70mai and Xiaomi Yi worked fine for me. I just hate that the dual cam version only comes in that rear view mirror type.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thinkware F70, good Korean quality, parking mode ready with hardwired setup. Just over $100 if you get it from Amazon with the hardwire kit.

* I don't think the monitor and Wi-Fi connectivity are that necessary, you can always find alternative ways to view the footages, or, just view it on the computer. The monitor thing, I try to hide the dashcam behind the rear view mirror, so I don't need to see that monitor at all lol my dashcam is there as an eye witness if anything happens, as long as the led indicates its operating, and that female voice report to me it's on, I'm good:)

Edited: just realized how old this thread was:eek:

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
how does it work? does it plug into the car's USB port? are there any other connections required? does it have to connect to the fuse box? can I view the video on my laptop?
Sponsored