Best Color Side Marker To Match Lunar Silver Metallic?

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
So I am ready for my first mod. I want to replace the orange side markers with ones that look better against the Lunar Silver metallic paint.

I have seen markers that are Clear and some that are Smoked. I am wondering a) which third-party side marker is the best from a quality standpoint and b) which color most of you prefer specifically against the Lunar Silver.

Are there other color options besides Clear and Smoked? Also, if I go with a clear marker is there a way to put in a clear bulb that glows orange?

Thanks again for any feedback!
Sponsored

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
That's personal preference. You can find pictures here of Lunar Silver Civics with smoked and clear markers. Take a look and see what you prefer. FYI, overseas the Civic comes with clear side markers so if you buy an OEM set it's going to have the "best" quality. I have a set of smoked side markers on my car. The build qualify feels flimsy compared to OEM but it does the trick for me.

OP
OP
civilian

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Let me put it another way; which aftermarket set of markers best matches lunar silver metallic? Which one looks like the paint the most?

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I have the oem Asia clear ones. I would not go with aftermarket due to leaking issues. I want to install something and then forget the hell about it. Do it once and be done.

OP
OP
civilian

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I have the oem Asia clear ones. I would not go with aftermarket due to leaking issues. I want to install something and then forget the hell about it. Do it once and be done.
Thanks! Can you post a picture?

OP
OP
civilian

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Are the ones from iJDMTOY considered good ones that don’t rattle or leak?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP
civilian

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Color Side Marker To Match Lunar Silver Metallic? image1

Honda Civic 10th gen Best Color Side Marker To Match Lunar Silver Metallic? image1-1

On the iJDMTOY versions of the clear markers there is some sort of "bump" or trapezoid of plastic that appears to be protruding.

Am I seeing things or is this the way it is? Aren't the standard Honda orange ones completely flush without this bump-out?

Xepharyx

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
I have the DEPO clear markers with the reflective pattern. I feel like those are a little bit safer than the JDM ones as far as illumination from other drivers' headlights go. I think the clear matches nicely with the headlight color. Never had a problem with leakage, and I've pressure washed the car a good number of times.

Honda Civic 10th gen Best Color Side Marker To Match Lunar Silver Metallic? 88w2Sye

OP
OP
civilian

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I have the DEPO clear markers with the reflective pattern. I feel like those are a little bit safer than the JDM ones as far as illumination from other drivers' headlights go. I think the clear matches nicely with the headlight color. Never had a problem with leakage, and I've pressure washed the car a good number of times.

88w2Sye.jpg
Those look very nice. What do you mean about illumination from others drivers headlight’s being a safety concern?

PiYauD

First Name
Saha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si LSM
Country flag
If you look at my photo it has the nub as well, from my understanding its suppose to help with signal be more prominent visually, personally i like it, the OEM version atleast for USA are flush/flat

OP
OP
civilian

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
If you look at my photo it has the nub as well, from my understanding its suppose to help with signal be more prominent visually, personally i like it, the OEM version atleast for USA are flush/flat
Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if the Japanese version has that 'nub' or are they totally flat?