Best Coilovers for Street Use

Tzfng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Hatch ST
Country flag
Everyone freaking out about it being hard to find parts for our cars isn't looking lol. I ran with D2 coilovers for my daily and LOVED them, I am now running their conversion kit to bags which again, I love. D2 is my recommendation for good quality and ride.
Just looking for more options ;) From what I know is available for the hatch: D2, BC, Silvers. Im just more familiar with Tein so I would prefer that over the former.
Sponsored

zerointerrupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
Everyone freaking out about it being hard to find parts for our cars isn't looking lol. I ran with D2 coilovers for my daily and LOVED them, I am now running their conversion kit to bags which again, I love. D2 is my recommendation for good quality and ride.
Ohh, ive been looking.. everything that i was interested in is either out of stock with no eta on restock, or just straight up not made for the hatch.

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have just ordered the HKS Hipermax IV's for my 2019 Sport Hatch. Mine is the Sport model that doesn't have adaptive damping. This was why I went for the Sport as I wanted in put better suspension on it.

HKS Europe are yet to stock the FK7 kit here in the UK and so my kit is coming direct from Japan.

Stephen

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
I have just ordered the HKS Hipermax IV's for my 2019 Sport Hatch. Mine is the Sport model that doesn't have adaptive damping. This was why I went for the Sport as I wanted in put better suspension on it.

HKS Europe are yet to stock the FK7 kit here in the UK and so my kit is coming direct from Japan.

Stephen
Is your new suspension installed? Any feedback will be appreciated!

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is your new suspension installed? Any feedback will be appreciated!
I am on vacation in Florida and will be here for three weeks. Whilst I am away my Civic has been left in the expert hands of Phil at Dream Automotive. He will be fitting the HKS set as well as a complete Acuity set of parts whilst I am away. We are also planning a custom exhaust, intercooler and air intake system for it. Therefore loads to report to in the coming weeks.

Stephen

Last edited:

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
I am on vacation in Florida and will be here for three weeks. Whilst I am away my Civic has been left in the expert hands of Phil at Dream Automotive. He will be fitting the HKS set as well as a complete Acuity set of parts whilst I am away. WE are also planning a custom exhaust, intercooler and air intake system for it. Therefore loads to report o. in the coming weeks.

Stephen
Ha, you'll basically drive a different car, hopefully tailored to your liking. Enjoy your stay!

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I am on vacation in Florida and will be here for three weeks. Whilst I am away my Civic has been left in the expert hands of Phil at Dream Automotive. He will be fitting the HKS set as well as a complete Acuity set of parts whilst I am away. We are also planning a custom exhaust, intercooler and air intake system for it. Therefore loads to report to in the coming weeks.

Stephen
Hey man you never updated us on the coilovers. How did they work out?

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey man you never updated us on the coilovers. How did they work out?

They were amazing. What more can I say. Very tuneable to your exact taste. Sadly I have sold my Civic and bought a new BMW X5 M Sport as my family (the kids) keep growing! I do however have the HKS coilover kit for sale....

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They were amazing. What more can I say. Very tuneable to your exact taste. Sadly I have sold my Civic and bought a new BMW X5 M Sport as my family (the kids) keep growing! I do however have the HKS coilover kit for sale....
That's funny because I was thinking of switching to a BMW X1 myself on account of the very nice comfort and interior. But you are in England aren't you?

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Stephen? Selling?
Sponsored