Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is this the one?
https://www.ebay.com/p/Phone-XPACK-...or-Clamp-Anywhere/1780971809?iid=201725311748

Think I might get me the same setup, except on the left side...

Thanks for your post!
Yeah that's the exact one by xclamp! The original phone holder part of the xclamp wasn't that stable so I used the one I linked off Amazon instead. Pretty easy to put it in a position you like, I just didn't like it on the left because it felt too close to me/distracting.

Hope you like it!
Sponsored

KingLunar

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Yeah, magnetic mount FTW. Picked mine up today at an auto store. Was skeptical at first as to how stable it would be. But it's fantastic and SUPER minimal which means your eyes see the inside beauty of the car, not some obnoxious cell mount.

Those look cool, but I'd be nervous of it turning into a cell phone missile launcher during a wreck.

rjackal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2010 Pilot EX Formerly '92 Accord
Once I discovered that the top edge of the Display Audio screen could "hold" my phone, I've just been using that. It does tend to slide to the right during spirited cornering but I my commute doesn't require hard cornering all that often. I'll bet a thin strip of foam tape in the channel would prevent that. I've also thought about getting some dark moldable putty to add a little "wall" under the hazard button to prevent tipping/sliding. But I fully realize that this isn't a good way to secure it in case of accident or emergency maneuvering. Magnetic mount is not an option because I rely on wireless charging.

I'm a fan of the RAM X-grip on my bike and if there was a combo of parts that would allow it to mount more cleanly and not intrude into either footwell, I'd be all over that.

Honda Civic 10th gen Best cell phone mounting location / attachment devices 2016 Civic EX-T phone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic, 2003 F-150
Finally got some photos to share of version 2.0 of a phone mount solution for me: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MNN62AM/A/iphone-lightning-dock-black

Actually stole the idea from a post on another thread that used this with an automatic equipped Civic 10th gen. Was concerned that the phone being mounted this way would get in the way when shifting on a manual equipped car, can report that it does not, there is plenty of room for fingers after shifting into 1, 3 and 5 without your knuckles even coming close to the phone. The shifter is in 3rd in the attached photo with the phone in it, iPhone 7.

Obviously, only will work with a Lightning port equipped phone. Might be something out there for micro USB that is similar.

Very solid with some velcro under it, doesn't jostle around much at all when driving, and can still access the hard climate control buttons (fairly easily), and don't have to dick around with a cable, can just set the phone right into the dock. Nor are any vents blocked.

Not an optimal solution, but meets my needs so far, after a month +

Honda Civic 10th gen Best cell phone mounting location / attachment devices IMG_0036.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Best cell phone mounting location / attachment devices IMG_0035.JPG