First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't think the inside of the Si is fundamentally different from that of any other trim. Incidentally, we happen to have a board for discussions of things that aren't trim-specific. This may seem pedantic, but just think of how many people won't ever see this topic (and learn about cool phone mounts) because you chose to post it in an obscure location. The Si board is getting too many of these sorts of threads lately.

Anyway, as for the topic, I use this on the A/C vent immediately to the right of the steering wheel and it works wonderfully: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G0X56YU

I got one of those phone cases with a slim compartment in the back to stick the slip of magnetic material in.
Sponsored

Shinkansen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport, 2004 PT Cruiser woody, 2015 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to revive, but I am very partial to my own setup, and I do not know that many people have tried it.

WP_20161123_17_25_55_Rich_LI.jpg
I just bought a very similar mount after looking at a variety. Did you put the suction cup down in the tray or up under the top of the cubby? That looks exactly like where I want my phone. I use the Android Auto app on the phone...the Sport has the LX radio.

Shinkansen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport, 2004 PT Cruiser woody, 2015 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With Android auto why would you need to mount it?

I plug mine in and then sit it inside the slot by the drivers right knee. Fits perfect.
I just think it would be more visible...I like to leave my phone in auto brightness mode and it dims in the cubby because the phone thinks it is in a dark room...I just started using AA the past week or so and it gets a little odd trying to pick playlists on Pandora and Google Play Music, let alone the MLB app to hear my Pirates.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I find the best place for my phone is in the glove box, connected to the car via Bluetooth. It’s bad enough I have to see the damn thing all day. Definitely don’t wanna see it or get distracted with it while driving my Si.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
I find the best place for my phone is in the glove box, connected to the car via Bluetooth. It’s bad enough I have to see the damn thing all day. Definitely don’t wanna see it or get distracted with it while driving my Si.
LOL mine goes under the console where the usb connector is. If I need to use it I will fire up android auto. Ive got a first gen Pixel XL and its just too big to use the cubby under the radio so it just sits tucked away down there. If I plug the phone up the plug starts to interfere with my shifter and annoys me.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LOL mine goes under the console where the usb connector is. If I need to use it I will fire up android auto. Ive got a first gen Pixel XL and its just too big to use the cubby under the radio so it just sits tucked away down there. If I plug the phone up the plug starts to interfere with my shifter and annoys me.

Have you tried the pocket that your right knee touches?

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I rely heavily on Waze, and I have an iPhone. I did the Hondahack and found that I wasn't all that thrilled with having Waze in the head unit, plus it seemed to burn through more data that just using the app from my phone.

Ideally, I'll have it setup like this:
Honda Civic 10th gen Best cell phone mounting location / attachment devices IMG_E0137.JPG

However, I'm still toying with the idea of getting different mounts or trying different mounting points.

The way I'm currently using it, I don't have the second phone on the right, and I have the phone at the top turned 90°so that it is mounted just to the right of the gauge hood, and rests on top of it (I'll try to get a pic after work today).

TechJunky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought one off Amazon and so far it has been great. It holds up very well. It attaches with a magnet. You do have to apply a 3m sticky pad on your phone case or on the back of your phone.

Link Here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LQWNMPU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pics

mount.jpg

mount 1.jpg

mount 2.jpg
That is the same mount I had in my previous car. It is fantastic. I put the small disc on the outside of my cases, and it never shifted or moved unless I moved it myself. I like the way you have it mounted on your dash. So far, I have yet to install a new mount aside from a vent mount on the passenger side vent just over the screen. I can put my phone sideway on there if I want to, but besides obviously blocking the whole vent for the passenger, I also don't see much of a need given my use of the phone. I use Android Auto almost all the time, so it's easier to just keep it in the tray in front of the shifter and control everything through the head unit. But should I decide to go back to using a magentic mount in the car again, I'm definitely getting the same one again and mounting the same way it is here.

delsorbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si sedan '18
Country flag
With Android auto why would you need to mount it?

I plug mine in and then sit it inside the slot by the drivers right knee. Fits perfect.
android auto drives me nuts... i'm not sure if it's my phone but whenever i reconnect, waze just goes all outta wack and freezes.. then if i exit and re-enable android auto notifications don't work properly anymore

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
android auto drives me nuts...
Heh - I feel the same about Apple Maps.

Mounted an Otemik holder to the left middle vent. So far, so good.

The position is excellent. Good visibility while driving without blocking the view of the road.

Honda Civic 10th gen Best cell phone mounting location / attachment devices 0E0ED3FF-0C1F-4A23-B82A-22A0437D67FD

Honda Civic 10th gen Best cell phone mounting location / attachment devices 81824EE2-0370-4CF1-901A-B73AAC20808D

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
I need something more secure. Use the phone plugged in sitting in the slot under the radio with Android Auto and also for my KTuner/TunerView App. Whenever I have to suddenly accelerate the phone can come out of the pocket going anywhere. Even plugged in it will come out on me. I really have to wedge it in and just have it propped up with some microfiber towels! lol

I wish KTuner could get a hold of a car so they can figure out why we(2018) can't connect to the headunit and have a OTS TunerView. That would make things so much easier for me. I don't even use the screen. Hopefully I can just tuck my phone away & just use it for voice call/text/commands & data-logging at that point.

Appreciate all the suggestions. Have to give a few a try but I kind of like the nook under the radio/HVAC controls. Anyone know of any mounts that fit down there with an 6" x 3" phone or Droid Turbo 2 I believe?
Sponsored