Best cell phone mounting location / attachment devices

Chief 1523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2015
What are people finding to be the best place to mount a cell phone in the Si? What types of attachment devices are you using?
Sponsored

egodriver07

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, magnetic mount FTW. Picked mine up today at an auto store. Was skeptical at first as to how stable it would be. But it's fantastic and SUPER minimal which means your eyes see the inside beauty of the car, not some obnoxious cell mount.

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, magnetic mount FTW. Picked mine up today at an auto store. Was skeptical at first as to how stable it would be. But it's fantastic and SUPER minimal which means your eyes see the inside beauty of the car, not some obnoxious cell mount.
What mount are you using?

cmatti2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought this one and works great! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KV6JT2M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If needed I can take a photo of the placement tonight! I have a iPhone 7+
I really like these. Except my phone has wireless charging that I use at home and I think the metal disk you put on the back of your phone for this to work would interfere with that. In other words, I would have to remove the disk every night to use the wireless charging and put it back in in the morning to use the mount.

Does anyone else have experience with using these with phones that support wireless charging?

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I really like these. Except my phone has wireless charging that I use at home and I think the metal disk you put on the back of your phone for this to work would interfere with that. In other words, I would have to remove the disk every night to use the wireless charging and put it back in in the morning to use the mount.

Does anyone else have experience with using these with phones that support wireless charging?
Looks like it will interfere (unfortunately, although not surprisingly):
https://www.amazon.com/review/RVXDXNC6S854W/ref=ask_dp_lswr_rp_hza

The manufacturer replied there with 2 caveats:
1. Please remove the metal plate before using wireless charger for the metal plate could interfere with wireless charging;
2. A thick phone case may interfere with the magnetic adherence of this iphone 7 car mount.

egodriver07

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What mount are you using?
This one here. Got it from I think it was Advanced Auto parts, but could've been Autozone, since they're right across the street from each other(makes sense right?) I can't remember which. It was $14.99. I like how minimal it is with, and even without the phone. Right now I have the magnet mounted right to the back of the phone and it holds great from the central air vents and I usually have my phone in landscape in the car so the cable runs nicely down the side. This also centers the screen right above the car screen. I do have a case on the way tomorrow and I'll see if that changes how well it holds but don't expect it to.

Honda Civic 10th gen Best cell phone mounting location / attachment devices IMG_20170714_185442

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This one here. Got it from I think it was Advanced Auto parts, but could've been Autozone, since they're right across the street from each other(makes sense right?) I can't remember which. It was $14.99. I like how minimal it is with, and even without the phone. Right now I have the magnet mounted right to the back of the phone and it holds great from the central air vents and I usually have my phone in landscape in the car so the cable runs nicely down the side. This also centers the screen right above the car screen. I do have a case on the way tomorrow and I'll see if that changes how well it holds but don't expect it to.

IMG_20170714_185442.jpg
Thanks for the info!

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to revive, but I am very partial to my own setup, and I do not know that many people have tried it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Best cell phone mounting location / attachment devices WP_20161123_17_25_55_Rich_LI

JoYu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type R
Country flag
Sorry to revive, but I am very partial to my own setup, and I do not know that many people have tried it.

WP_20161123_17_25_55_Rich_LI.jpg
That looks pretty awesome. I don't think it will work people in the SI forum though. Prolly get knocked off every time we shift to first!

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That looks pretty awesome. I don't think it will work people in the SI forum though. Prolly get knocked off every time we shift to first!
True. Apologies for the CVT-centrism! I wish there were a miniaturized version of a gas-piston wall mount for TVs we could mount to the console pillars below the Display Audio Unit.

falon001

First Name
Ferny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Generation Civic Si