Best aftermarket exhaust?

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Imo prl never properly tested a bigger exhaust VS stock exhaust.They just unscrewed the exhaust after The downpipe.No exhaust could be as bad as a too small exhaust.
There are already 2 other People on this forum who gained Hp( with dyno charts) from only installing a aftermarket exhaust with stock downpipe/frontpipe.So the proof is there...

https://www.civicx.com/threads/apexi-n1-x-exhaust-for-hatchback-review-with-dyno.32041/

The other one is Anthony Taikyu with a spoon exhaust which is Spoon Europe's demo car .TDI north posted on FB the dyno results on 25feb. Both fk7 cars went from stock to 200 Hp with only a exhaust. (No tune).
Ehh proof is a strong word and I am not sure I am seeing that. All I see is a post that reads like an ad and two uncorrected dyno plots.
Sponsored

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dyno plots are just as correct as all the other ones posted on this forum .So i don't see why they would be (un) Incorrect ..??? And no there's no advertising going on here ,i'm just showing Proof that a bigger exhaust does make more hp on a stock car .

Last edited:

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Dyno plots are just as correct as all the other ones posted on this forum .So i don't see why they would be (un) Incorrect ..??? And no there's no advertising going on here ,i'm just showing Proof that a bigger exhaust does make more hp on a stock car .
Uncorrected dyno numbers do not account for atmospheric conditions. So, all we can really say is the after dyno is higher than the before dyno. Is the exhaust responsible for some/all of the gains? Possibly, but it could just as easily be explained by better conditions on the second run.

Long story short, Dyno numbers are painfully easy to manipulate if one wishes. Did that happen in this case? IDK, but do I see several things in that post that make me question the gains.

Last edited:

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interested how it sounds. I got aFe catted downpipe paired with Thermal R&D exhaust system for my sport hatch. Got quite a few sound clips on my insta, type_sport... It's quite quiet and the tone is perfect. A full aFe exhaust, I'd be curious..
Honda Civic 10th gen Best aftermarket exhaust? 0FE25671-621C-40F5-922C-7B4D3391BD00

Parts are here, they get installed Saturday!! :)

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interested how it sounds. I got aFe catted downpipe paired with Thermal R&D exhaust system for my sport hatch. Got quite a few sound clips on my insta, type_sport... It's quite quiet and the tone is perfect. A full aFe exhaust, I'd be curious..
Im mad cheesed, the parts got here today literally stare at parts pages all day (at work of course), and now that the parts are here aFe releases this 2hours after my stuff got here.... 20% MORE AIR FLOW then the one I bought... and it hood seals..:'( I cry
Honda Civic 10th gen Best aftermarket exhaust? 56-10008r_1.1553723568

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Imo prl never properly tested a bigger exhaust VS stock exhaust.They just unscrewed the exhaust after The downpipe.No exhaust could be as bad as a too small exhaust.
There are already 2 other People on this forum who gained Hp( with dyno charts) from only installing a aftermarket exhaust with stock downpipe/frontpipe.So the proof is there...

https://www.civicx.com/threads/apexi-n1-x-exhaust-for-hatchback-review-with-dyno.32041/

The other one is Anthony Taikyu with a spoon exhaust .TDI North posted on FB the dyno results on 25feb. Both fk7 cars went from stock 182hp to 200 Hp with only a exhaust. (No tune).
You are absolutely right. In fact, every diameter of pipe and the outlet of the exhaust will affect the power curve on a dyno because it all affects flow. Just because there is a turbo on a car does not mean you can produce 300 horses with a small, puny exhaust and/or a quiet, chambered muffler. By my replacing the Sport chambered mufflers with Supersprint-Italy single muffler and changing the resonator to 2 3/4 diameter, along with 2 1/2 inch piping up to the front pipe. I can feel that the mid and top end flow a lot better. It is obvious when accelerating to 100 mph. As PRL does not make any exhaust systems but they do make downpipes, they really downplayed this fact. I will throw my car soon a dyno soon and update thread.

fitz318is

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic hatch sport
Country flag
I’ve just replaced my mufflers with resonators and it’s not a bad compromise between stock and a big $$ aftermarket exhaust system.
What did you replace it with and how does it sound?

crxFITcivicBOY

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really wanted the Greddy, but with my 2nd kid just being born I was on a hard budget. Just put on a single center in / dual outlet Magnaflow muffler with custom tips. Had a local shop do it for me. Left exhaust stock up to the Y, including stock resonator. This setup was just for audible exhaust note on the cheap. $300 total with labor and parts. Sounds good for me.... looks coulda been better if I actually paid for a muffler/tip combo. But hey, I’m a cheap fool lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen Best aftermarket exhaust? 64BB70F0-4590-4BD0-A8E7-D6A1FA485B4D

Honda Civic 10th gen Best aftermarket exhaust? 16872E26-0B58-46F8-8C71-7A5C49A08147

Honda Civic 10th gen Best aftermarket exhaust? 8EF91A91-2E00-41F2-B132-E3DCBEDC3065

Honda Civic 10th gen Best aftermarket exhaust? EF7F97A9-79E0-494E-96B9-3239D658CBA6

fitz318is

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic hatch sport
Country flag
I really wanted the Greddy, but with my 2nd kid just being born I was on a hard budget. Just put on a single center in / dual outlet Magnaflow muffler with custom tips. Had a local shop do it for me. Left exhaust stock up to the Y, including stock resonator. This setup was just for audible exhaust note on the cheap. $300 total with labor and parts. Sounds good for me.... looks coulda been better if I actually paid for a muffler/tip combo. But hey, I’m a cheap fool lol.

64BB70F0-4590-4BD0-A8E7-D6A1FA485B4D.jpeg

16872E26-0B58-46F8-8C71-7A5C49A08147.jpeg

8EF91A91-2E00-41F2-B132-E3DCBEDC3065.jpeg

EF7F97A9-79E0-494E-96B9-3239D658CBA6.jpeg
What magnaflow did you use and do you have a sound clip?

crxFITcivicBOY

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What magnaflow did you use and do you have a sound clip?
I plan to make a variety of sound clips maybe within the next week. It’s just a universal straight through perforated muffler. I’ll post the part #, but I don’t exactly recommend the same one... my mechanic said it was a PITA to install because of the length (even though body was only 14”!!)

EDIT: it was magnaflow 12198