Legato

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I still have yet to hear any drive bys with the borla exhaust for the sport. Plenty of cold starts and revving tho.

UnMass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 1.5T 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll be 100% I don't know how to drive manual and also I'm going to be doing a lot of driving on 45. Maybe later down the road ill trade in for the manual, but for now ill take the CVT
I'd wager this car is one of the easiest cars to learn stick on. With the rev hang, it feels like I have ages to wait before I can switch. Makes it easy for noobies.

peterletran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe 6MT
If you have an aftermarket exhaust, list it below! Or if you prefer just doing a muffler delete, also comment below. I want to know what people put on their Civic's :)
I'm running a reso and muff delete. Still quiet af. I've got a cat delete/downpipe, but it made my car sound like a D15 running open header. So I left the cat on.

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I'm running a reso and muff delete. Still quiet af. I've got a cat delete/downpipe, but it made my car sound like a D15 running open header. So I left the cat on.
You don't think you would have gotten more power the other way around, deleting the cat and leaving the res and muffler on?

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Do you have a video of what it sounds like?
Hey, I'm in West Texas and I got my Hatch Sport 6MT in Colorado at discount. I liked the CVT on a test drive but I took the 6MT Hatch Sport which has absorbed my energy doing updates to the interior and to reduce road and engine noise. The SI has higher mod potential because these engines have a bit too much compression and the SI sits at 10.3 plus the SI sound is good. Up at 7k altitude the Sport with 10.6 runs great because there is less air here. I will be adapting some Supersprint exhaust pieces to my exhaust soon and let people know how it sounds. I also need to upgrade some shifter parts as its hard to tell where you are. Hi-flow cat down the road as well.

UnMass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 1.5T 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm curious if any of you with an aftermarket exhaust have experienced any highway drone. I'm more interested in the greddy right now, but any input is welcomed. Thanks

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want it loud Check out this guy who did a muffler AND resonator delete. Personally i don’t like the way it sounds..
lmfao...sounds like big plate of rice and running rich as fawk hahahaha
look at the black shit comin g out the muffler....
real
caca!

Civicster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T MT
Country flag
Flowmaster dbx with muffler delete. Nice low rumble and no droning at hwy speeds. Way better gas mileage too.

peterletran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don't think you would have gotten more power the other way around, deleting the cat and leaving the res and muffler on?
Probably, but since Hondata stopped support for disabling the 2nd o2, I’d rather keep the cat on. Plus, the delete is a perma weld, so I can’t just plop the muff and reso back on. I’d have to take it back to the muff shop and pay $100 bucks to have it all welded back on.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Probably, but since Hondata stopped support for disabling the 2nd o2, I’d rather keep the cat on. Plus, the delete is a perma weld, so I can’t just plop the muff and reso back on. I’d have to take it back to the muff shop and pay $100 bucks to have it all welded back on.
Ktuner, cheaper and allows you to do whatever you want, even disable 2nd O2 to run catless if you wanted to.

peterletran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ktuner, cheaper and allows you to do whatever you want, even disable 2nd O2 to run catless if you wanted to.
I wholeheartedly agree. I thought Hondata was a better product because of the extra $200-$400 price tag, but I see now how wrong I am.
Sponsored