Before I potentially buy a new Si sedan, 18-19 aesthetics differences?

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Gti SE
Country flag
I haven't been able to find definitively if the Si is getting a new front end in line with the rest of the Civics or if it will be identical to the 18. I might be inclined to wait a few weeks to see if 19's show up locally if I know they will be different.
thanks
Sponsored

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Aesthetically it appears identical. The interior will get the volume knob, fan speed buttons, and perhaps some more under-the-hood items in the infotainment system though it sounds like that is unlikely. Here's to hoping they address more literal under-the-hood items though at the same time, but otherwise we're expecting identical performance. Maybe it will have less rattles? (I'm not saying it rattles much or anything, just saying in general)

I'm still going to wait for the '19 though.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
when it comes to the exterior, honda aint changing shit

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Other than radio buttons, glovebox light, parking brake button light, and fan speed buttons, they are identical. I’m waiting for a 2019 myself, not just for these things, but in hopes that they worked out some more of the kinks that the previous years had (grille issues, rattles and other quicky things that may have came up). They are also supposed to be releasing a (software) fix for the gas/oil issue for the 2016-2018 models, so maybe the 2019s will already have this.

Toro2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
I just made a post reviewing my 2017 Si sedan that I just got rid of, and as mentioned above, it looks like Honda is addressing some of the major things I didn't like about the car. Mainly being putting in physical buttons/knobs for the head unit and climate control.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
My understanding is that the infotainment system is going to make BT pairing "easier" so that means there's some sort of minor bump in either the interface (rearrange things to make it easier) or the hardware in the form of a new/updated BT chip. I'll be driving one in a few weeks as I'm considering trading my '17 Si coupe for a '19 Si sedan.
Sponsored