Be careful debadging...

VEZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport+Sensing CVT (Canada) 2017
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got the "civic" off without issue but the dealer's sticker was another story, my finger nails did the same thing you showed in your pic OP. Thankfully my car is black so it's only slightly noticeable when perfectly clean but yeah... Messed up the paint on day one doing that. Sadly their sticker was actual metal, thin and flush with the car, it was a pos to remove as every letter came off individually and was on there really good. Tried everything, heat gun etc. Ah well... sigh
I ALWAYS warn my dealer never to put one of these gawdawfull concession stickers in the back of each new car I buy before livraison. The sentence for not complying would be instant kill by death!!
Sponsored

jvivlemore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Kinda related - My car is coming via dealer trade Would it be rude of me to ask them to remove the other dealers stickers but NOT put theirs on in return?

SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
South Carolina Near Spartanburg, formally So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag
My badges on my 18 SI practically fell off when I began twisting them off by hand.
I was amazed at how little adhesive they had but thankful as the clean up was a breeze.

I've debadged many a car and found that GOOF OFF works the best at removing the adhesive, better than WD40 or Goo Gone.

Time to search online for your favorite HONDA decal and cover those marks!:D

SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
South Carolina Near Spartanburg, formally So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag
I got the "civic" off without issue but the dealer's sticker was another story, my finger nails did the same thing you showed in your pic OP.
I'm glad that dealer sticker thing is not done here in So Cal, I only see it on cars from other parts of the country.
I'm sure the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia says it violates the "too much adhesive law" and it's contributing to Global Warming!! :D

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
I got the "civic" off without issue but the dealer's sticker was another story, my finger nails did the same thing you showed in your pic OP. Thankfully my car is black so it's only slightly noticeable when perfectly clean but yeah... Messed up the paint on day one doing that. Sadly their sticker was actual metal, thin and flush with the car, it was a pos to remove as every letter came off individually and was on there really good. Tried everything, heat gun etc. Ah well... sigh
I saw this on another car yesterday and was so happy my dealer didn’t do that shit. I know most dealers give you license plate holders but I’m replacing mine.

ghostie

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX-P
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used my fingers but I didnt have this problem. What I did was I just twisted the letters loose. It took a couple more seconds to do it but it was super easy.

calijoefornia

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L in Lunar Silver Metallic
Country flag
Heat gun, fishing line and a clay bar all do a wonderful job with minimal risk to damaging the paint.

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
not hard to damage this paint, dont worry you will have chips and scratches on it in no time. and then those little marks wont matter anymore, cheap paint sucks

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
Does have any good recommendations on weather proofing new decals? I was thinking clear flex seal or that clear paint gloss you can get but I just wanted your opinions.

Zatannaz

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Next time have dealer remove it. That’s what I do.

Zatannaz

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Kinda related - My car is coming via dealer trade Would it be rude of me to ask them to remove the other dealers stickers but NOT put theirs on in return?
No it’s not rude of you at all. Feel free to ask them not to put one on your car.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I saw this on another car yesterday and was so happy my dealer didn’t do that shit. I know most dealers give you license plate holders but I’m replacing mine.
Yes, they "GIVE" you a tacky Dealer Frame, and mount it and the license plate with low grade steel screws that start to rust within a year.
1st thing I did when getting the car home was to replace the Holder, and use Security Stainless steel screws, with cover caps.

Honda Civic 10th gen Be careful debadging... plate2

The Maryland "Chesapeake bay" plates are a good color to match the Aegean Blue car.

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
>GooGone
> Wait 10 mins
> Dental Floss :thumbsup:
Does this apply for the Honda badges as well? They actually use tabs so I think I actually have to pry them out and break the tabs off to get them off.
Sponsored