BC Racing Coilover & Spring Rate

SITH_FK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for some advice here. I have a Sport Touring Hatchback and I'm looking at buying the BC Racing Coilovers, but I'm unsure of what to choose for the Spring Rate. I'm planning on running the car at 1-1.5" below stock ride height. My idea was to choose a spring rate similar to the CTR or Si. I want something a bit stiffer for performance but still smooth for everyday driving. A good mix I guess.

So what Spring Rate should I be looking at??

Thanks
Sponsored

fdb_fk7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
You're stuck with 6K on the fronts. They told me the fronts can't be changed due to the type of spring used.

I don't think you'll find coils with a front rate lower than 6K.

OP
OP
SITH_FK7

SITH_FK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You're stuck with 6K on the fronts. They told me the fronts can't be changed due to the type of spring used.

I don't think you'll find coils with a front rate lower than 6K.

Did you order right from the BC Site? Because there is a field for the fronts and doesn't specify a minimum.

fdb_fk7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
One of the BC Racing sites listed that the front rates couldn't be changed on the 10th gen. I asked BC to confirm it & they did. The guy told me they only make 6K in that type of spring .

I'm not on BC Coils but there's a bunch of guys here that are, some on the max low kit

Last edited:

xxbodkinxx

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Im happy with the spring rate on my si's bc racing coilovers. I think they are 6k, 5k

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking for some advice here. I have a Sport Touring Hatchback and I'm looking at buying the BC Racing Coilovers, but I'm unsure of what to choose for the Spring Rate. I'm planning on running the car at 1-1.5" below stock ride height. My idea was to choose a spring rate similar to the CTR or Si. I want something a bit stiffer for performance but still smooth for everyday driving. A good mix I guess.

So what Spring Rate should I be looking at??

Thanks
You can get swift springs and swap out to pretty much whatever you want.

fdb_fk7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
BC told me the Swift spring upgrade is available for the rears only.

The Swift metric coilover springs shown on their website are 60mm ID, the BC springs are 62mm ID. I'm not sure if you could make those fit on the fronts.

OP
OP
SITH_FK7

SITH_FK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You can get swift springs and swap out to pretty much whatever you want.
Yea I’m probably going to do that at a later date, I’ll see how the 6K on the front is and do 5.5K on the rear. They recommend 5K on the rear, but I want to try and be a bit more balanced. Gotta split the funds because I’ll finally be buying that beautiful Exhaust from you Vincent in the next 2 weeks!

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea I’m probably going to do that at a later date, I’ll see how the 6K on the front is and do 5.5K on the rear. They recommend 5K on the rear, but I want to try and be a bit more balanced. Gotta split the funds because I’ll finally be buying that beautiful Exhaust from you Vincent in the next 2 weeks!
Oh snap, it's happening!!!
Looking forward to it. I'll see what other goodies I can get in your box when I see your order come in.
Sponsored