BC Coilovers

alex.fk7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Anyone running BC Coilovers on their hatch? I have a few questions.
Sponsored

OP
OP

alex.fk7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
i do. shoot them my way!

IMG_2877.jpg
I installed them on my hatch. but when i go over a big bump in the road i hear a clanking noise in the right rear coil and can not figure out what it is. any idea?

nvtive_b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Type R
Country flag
I installed them on my hatch. but when i go over a big bump in the road i hear a clanking noise in the right rear coil and can not figure out what it is. any idea?
can you by chance take a pic of the rear for me both sides. good thing the hatch is easy to get under the back. maybe something isn't tightened enough. the perches may not be connected and tightened together or something is loose so its moving around

rollerchester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CIvic LX 2016
Country flag
I have BC Coils but I have a sedan. I also habe clunking noise on 4 of my wheels esp when I go over deep holes

heyheyfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback sport 2017 6-MT
Country flag
i believe the rear and front are 2 clicks stiffer from the middle. im not sure though honestly. id have to check for ya later but somewhere near there
I'm just having the problem finding my "perfect spot". If you able to find out that would be great :]

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
when i was running no lock rings in back it would clunk, do you have at least one lock ring installed and plastic thrust washer installed over lock ring? for the front make sure you have preload on the spring so its not moving around and make sure lock rings are tight and sway bar endlink tight. Also check main allen head bolt that keeps shock attached to camber plate

socal818

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport
Country flag
when i was running no lock rings in back it would clunk, do you have at least one lock ring installed and plastic thrust washer installed over lock ring? for the front make sure you have preload on the spring so its not moving around and make sure lock rings are tight and sway bar endlink tight. Also check main allen head bolt that keeps shock attached to camber plate
You’re about as low as I am, do you remember ur damper settings? I keep bumping the plastic in the front going over bumps. I don’t know if I should stiffen them up or just raise the front. I’m running a 8k front and 6k rear with the max low kit.

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
my damper settings front and back are at the softest. I called bc and ordered custom rear shock cartridges, they go about 2 inches lower than the max low kit, also swapped out the 170mm max low rear springs for 145mm, I can take a picture of it if that would help you

socal818

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport
Country flag
my damper settings front and back are at the softest. I called bc and ordered custom rear shock cartridges, they go about 2 inches lower than the max low kit, also swapped out the 170mm max low rear springs for 145mm, I can take a picture of it if that would help you
No rubbing up front on bumps? What size wheels and tires are you running?
Sponsored