Battery disconnection

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Has anyone disconnected the battery for more than 1 day? If so, what happened when you reconnected the battery? Did the car throw a lot of error messages? Did it need system reset or recalibration, such as TPMS? And how much driving did it take to get everything reset on its own?
Sponsored

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
I disconnected my battery for 3 hours (PRL Cold Air) and when I turned it on my car lit up like a Christmas tree with all the warning lights. I started driving it about 2 miles and they went away. My TPS also needed to be reset but I just went into the menu and literally pressed the button 4 times to calibrate and it did so without any issues. Not sure why I pressed it 4 times, but I think I remember reading that you had to do that. My radio settings were not impacted nor any other vehicle settings like I have my car set to auto-unlock once the ignition is off. I only have this setting because here in Jersey we don't pump our own gas and on more than one occasion the attendant couldn't pop the gas cap. Having my vehicle unlock upon ignition off has solved the problem.

Funny thing is I recently have had my battery placed with an Optima Yellowtop because the Honda one was absolute garbage in below-freezing weather. Anyway, the battery was replaced and my car didn't throw a single light nor lose any type of setting / calibration. I was surprised, but whatever.

BluCivicSI85

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Funny, i had this issue yesterday where my trunk wouldnt close shut. I would close the trunk and the car would beep twice and then release the trunk. It sounded and acted like someone was pressing the trunk release button when i shut the trunk. Anyways i ended up disconnecting the battery, closed the trunk(it didn't beep or release the trunk) and it stayed shut. When i connected the battery back up, bunch of warning lamps were lit, drove the car, shut off the engine, and the next time i started the car, warning lights were gone. I did notice that the auto lock when key is out of range was turned off. my radio settings were still there. anyways everything is electronic on this fucking car, great when it works but if it fucks up, ughhhh couldnt even shut/lock the trunk for some reason.

CrashTestJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Funny, i had this issue yesterday where my trunk wouldnt close shut. I would close the trunk and the car would beep twice and then release the trunk. It sounded and acted like someone was pressing the trunk release button when i shut the trunk. Anyways i ended up disconnecting the battery, closed the trunk(it didn't beep or release the trunk) and it stayed shut. When i connected the battery back up, bunch of warning lamps were lit, drove the car, shut off the engine, and the next time i started the car, warning lights were gone. I did notice that the auto lock when key is out of range was turned off. my radio settings were still there. anyways everything is electronic on this fucking car, great when it works but if it fucks up, ughhhh couldnt even shut/lock the trunk for some reason.

I've had that happen to, then I realized my spare keys were in my gym bag.. LOL. Pretty cool that it won't let you lock your keys in the trunk!

OP
OP
EnjoyDriving

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
do ur gym bag was in ur trunk n it wont get locked coz of the spare key? that seems to be a good design then

I've had that happen to, then I realized my spare keys were in my gym bag.. LOL. Pretty cool that it won't let you lock your keys in the trunk!

BluCivicSI85

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
i feel dumb but my trunk was full of stuff that i was moving and i guess the bag in my trunk was pushing against the trunk lid inside, this seemed to cause it to beep and wouldn't let it close/lock. After i unloaded everything the trunk lid would close/lock fine.
Sponsored