Bad sh**** drivers

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So is it me or is it like no one can see the civicx? I drive with my foglights and headlights all the time in bad weather or night time. It seems as if I contiously get cut off or someone sideswipping me...
Sponsored

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
Bad drivers. I just hope they pass me!

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So is it me or is it like no one can see the civicx? I drive with my foglights and headlights all the time in bad weather or night time. It seems as if I contiously get cut off or someone sideswipping me...
Left lane slow ppl highly piss me off... Just move over

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
They can see you, they just don't care. This wasn't in my Civic but one thing that really pissed me off was when I was driving with my 3 month old daughter in the backseat and I was waiting for a left turn onto the freeway. There were two lanes that make a left onto the freeway and I was on the right lane, there was an Acura TSX next to me waiting at the light, so I proceeded to head onto the ramp at a normal speed as the lanes converged into one and all of a sudden this jackass cuts me off right as the lanes merged into one just to get ahead of me, there was maybe an inch or two between our bumpers. I was in my BMW at the time and not the Civic so if I really wanted to I could kill him in a straight line and could have not let him cut me off but obviously I was careful not to do something stupid like that given my current situation. My wife was also with me and she got seriously pissed too, made us realize how many bad drivers there are out on the road. I'm seriously considering just getting one of those "baby on board" stickers so people don't pull stuff like that ever again.

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Other drivers don't care who is in your car or how old they are. A 'Car will explode on impact' sticker would be a better deterrent (not needed on a Pinto) but you can't fix a bad driver who doesn't care, you can only hone your defensive driving skills to try to avoid the problems they can cause.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Young drivers, dont care about stopping at a stop sign, waiting till its safe to pull out instead of waiting another 30 whole seconds for traffic to pass. Fkn impatient.

OP
OP
87elco

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Young drivers, dont care about stopping at a stop sign, waiting till its safe to pull out instead of waiting another 30 whole seconds for traffic to pass. Fkn impatient.
Virginia has terrible drivers I'm so happy everytime I go back to Jersey

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Other drivers don't care who is in your car or how old they are. A 'Car will explode on impact' sticker would be a better deterrent (not needed on a Pinto) but you can't fix a bad driver who doesn't care, you can only hone your defensive driving skills to try to avoid the problems they can cause.
Assuming that they can read! lol, you are spot-on about defensive driving, also work on situational awareness, highway dynamics are very fluid, mistakes by other drivers can quickly cascade in your direction.
Inattentive texting drivers and idiot truckers who don't check their mirrors are the primary reasons I had a set of Accord horns installed in my Civic, haven't needed them much, but, they have been much more effective than "meep-meep" ever was. When I had Miatas, the first question other club members asked was "you get horns yet?" It was a defensive driving issue because trucks can't see Miatas, they're very low and trucks usually set their mirrors too high to see you, I got "merged" into the berm just once before I bought a set of Hellas. :)

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Haha that's not a bad idea. I should get it in a bright neon banner that says "car will explode on impact" stuck to the rear bumper, that ought to do the trick :D. But on a real note, defensive driving is definitely the key to avoiding any accidents. In this instance, i'm lucky I braked in time when the guy cut me off otherwise if would have been a different story.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Left lane slow ppl highly piss me off... Just move over
That’s common in Florida I drive on us 41 its a three land highway and I always get some old person in the left doing 30 and the speed limit is 45 . And if I get on interstate 75 it worst somebody driving 50 in the left and speed limit is 70
Sponsored