Backup camera blurry when it's hot outside

brclark80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, Rallye Red
Country flag
I have a 2019 Hatchback EX. I've noticed in the mornings while it's cool, when backing out of my driveway the camera is pretty clear, not as clear as the side camera. In the evenings when it's hotter, around 90, the backup camera is super blurry, so blurry that I'm afraid I won't see if a car is coming. Not sure what's causing this or if anyone has seen this issue?
Sponsored

Nathan le

Honda boy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Country flag
I have a 2019 Hatchback EX. I've noticed in the mornings while it's cool, when backing out of my driveway the camera is pretty clear, not as clear as the side camera. In the evenings when it's hotter, around 90, the backup camera is super blurry, so blurry that I'm afraid I won't see if a car is coming. Not sure what's causing this or if anyone has seen this issue?
It needs to be clean that all.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I believe that would be due to condensation on the lens or the optical distortion from heat rising (think a long stretch of highway on a hot day).

Bosco72

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic coupe sport
Country flag
This is the worse camera I ever had .The one thing I hate is at night I get lines from the rev lights

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I sometimes back out of my driveway when the car is hot. Actually, I recently measured the temperature of the hatch in direct sunlight when the garage door is open. Even very late at 5-6 pm when the Sun is quite low, it reaches 140+ °F. It should be much hotter closer to the noon when I leave it in a parking lot. But I have never seen any blur in the rear camera, except when it's raining.

There might be some defect in your camera/lens if it's actually the temperature that causes the blur.

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
Have you tried changing the view type to see if it happens on other modes?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Condensation inside the lens. If it's still under warranty, take it in to get replaced.

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
For me, the camera is fine except at night. The surrounding street lights and such make it hard to see oncoming cars

SpringRubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport, CVT, White
Country flag
Be clean. My 2018 Hatch Sport gets dirty in the back -- and doesn't take much stuff on the lens to distort the view of the backup camera. Last time I washed & waxed the car (Labor Day weekend) I think I had a waxy cloth that left some residue on the lens. Seemed fine until the air changed or it was dark outside and I didn't get a clear view on the screen.
Sponsored